Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis Race Report! You know you love reading my stuff!

Smelph

Barefooters
Nov 5, 2010
Race reports are fun! I captained the Kalamazoo Area Runners fundraising team to victories on several counts yesterday that you can read about over at BarefootRoot!

Incidentally, the president of the club has been getting after me to take on as many leadership positions as I can and has threatened potential arm-twisting into Board Member type responsibilities... While that whole prospect terrifies me, it makes me feel like as a barefoot runner they don't view me as a weirdo (well, still a weirdo... just in a good way) or as a liability! I've also come to learn that we have many members who are heading minimalist and a few who are actually working on a transition to barefoot! Bring on the change!

the one downside was a guy I talked to who had been told that the Brooks Pure Cadence was a minimalist shoe... poor guy.

Perhaps they just want to

Perhaps they just want to keep a better eye on the troublemaker. Hee.

I say a switch to true minimalist running is much better than no switch at all. Anything is better than boat anchors!

Nice!!Sorry you didn't PR, I

Nice!!

Sorry you didn't PR, I am sure next time you will.

Great post Troy. Always fun

Great post Troy. Always fun to read your race and run reports

thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed

thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed it!

I saw too many people get injured last winter so I'm glad there are people in our club moving towards BFR/Min. I just wish our local running store was a little more careful about what shoes they set peopel up with. I had a couple of their employees attend my BFR clinic this summer and I've talked quite a bit to a couple of the higher ups over the course of the last year, but I think they're going by whatever promotional material the shoe companies are giving them which isn't necessarily on the up and up (especially from Brooks!).

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon