Is your spouse embarrassed by your barefoot running in public?

My wife (that's her in my new avatar) is from a place where only poor people and villagers go barefoot
Perhaps, you need some bling? That would indicate that you can afford shoes, but choose not to.

That strategy has seemed to work throughout the years. "I'm wearing gold jewelry and chose to get a perm and bell-bottoms, to wear a jogging suit, to wear oversized/baggy clothes."

Reactions: Bare Lee
Perhaps, you need some bling? That would indicate that you can afford shoes, but choose not to.

That strategy has seemed to work throughout the years. "I'm wearing gold jewelry and chose to get a perm and bell-bottoms, to wear a jogging suit, to wear oversized/baggy clothes."
Ha! Kind of like this?:
Dog_Wearing_a_Funny_Costume_consisting_wig_glasses_and_a_chain_necklace_with_medallion_Picture_Stock_Photo_120103-184203-415001.jpg

(Thanks Zetti).
But actually in Africa, just being white meant I have money, which is why it was so confusing for people to see me barefoot.
And here in America my wife doesn't leave the house unless she's decked out, so even if I'm dressed down like a typical middle class white guy, in nondescript Target shorts and a pocket-t, I pick up a little of my wife's glamour (why doesn't the BRS spell checker like that word?) by association.

Reactions: Sid
Clawhammer72, don't know if I'm hard core:/

Running pirate, had to google the "Bird Cage" it made me laugh!!!

Bare Lee, I'm really new to all this. No I'm not a member of the SBL.......what is SBL????

My wife has said I'm not allowed out in my new Invisible Shoes and asked when was I going to grow a ZZ top beard. :cool:
My wife said the same thing. I just keep wearing them around and she is starting to get used to her husband in "strappy mandals." Its a war of attrition!! She also cant stand when I wear VFFs to work on fridays or when we go out with friends. hahaha (or how they stink when I take the VFFs off)

Reactions: Enso108