Interview with Dr Reed Ferber on barefoot running

Not bad. Very informative as

Not bad. Very informative as well. Was that your first TV interview? You seemed a lot calmer than many first timers on the telly. Wonder if it'll bring in more local traffic to the site even though she messed the name of the site up a bit. How did the interview come about? You probably covered this elsewhere in the site though, but just in case you haven't.....

John T.

I did not want to seem to

I did not want to seem to preachy and I was there tell a simple story. The conversation with Dr Ferber before the interview was better than the on air stuff. Dr Ferber is ok he just needs to take off his shoes and actually run barefoot, then he would understand that taking your shoes off is the best way to prep for barefoot running.

To answer you question John, TJ was contacted by the producer asking for bfrs. Thanks TJ

I just thought it was typical

I just thought it was typical of a studio to have a girl in shoes demo the exercises. Don't want anyone in the audience grossing out or rather going ga-ga over some sexy girl's feet as she does calf raises. Might actually raise ratings among other... nevermind. :p

Not preachy at all, but I could sense you might have been a little apprehensive about a potential ambush. Wouldn't be the first person lured in by smiles and handshakes, and then led to the slaughter. I know my finger might be a little twitchy if I knew I was being interviewed.

Best I've done so far is this morning, as a guy with a video camera was doing some footage of people using the park. I was doing terrible at frisbee golf and will probably be roundly criticized for poor form by anyone in the know as soon as they see my dorkiness. LOL. Will make your missing the grand entrance look like pure genius by comparison. At least I had on my KSOs. :p

John T.

The grand entrance thing. I

The grand entrance thing. I was going to run slow into the studio, as instructed, but at the last minute decided to back up and come in hard, blast right by the camera man. I was happy I did as my form looks better full out.

As for the potential ambush. You bet when I heard the good doctor was coming I know the potential. Dr Ferber is a gentlemen and we had that discussion beforehand.

It bites when they get our

It bites when they get our name wrong. When I'm talking to the news people (we get requests all the time here, and I'm always finding local barefoot runners to fill the need), I make sure they understand our name, but some of them still seem to get it wrong. They missed our URL too, something so basic.

You looked good, PB! Thanks for representing. I also noticed you were wearing "the shirt" during your photo finish at the marathon! Sweet!