I'm going to Hawaii! To run of course...

saypay45

Chapter Presidents
May 24, 2010
So I usually don't toot my own horn on the running accomplishments, but I am very proud of this one. As I posted back in August, I joined Team in Training this year in hopes of raising enough money to run the Honolulu Marathon on December 12. Well I raised a total of $5,076.20 (someone donated $26.20 to be cute), and I'm going to Hawaii y'all!

This isn't my first marathon, but it will be the first one I plan to run barefoot. I'm super excited.

Awesome SP! Good luck and

Awesome SP! Good luck and have tons of fun. Don't forget to take loads of pictures.

Congratulations SP!  Have a

Congratulations SP! Have a good time and enjoy the view while you're racing. :)

Don't forget your BRS shirt! 

Don't forget your BRS shirt! Good luck and have fun! Take lots of pictures and send me a race report. ;-)

Wow! Amazing accomplishment,

Wow! Amazing accomplishment, I'm sure you'll have fun!

Make sure to walk (a little teeny tiny itty bitty bit) on Hawaiian lava rock while you're there and report back on how it feels! :shock:

The weather is nice and sunny

The weather is nice and sunny here right now just waiting for you to show up.

Look forward to meeting another barefoot runner when you get out here.

SP, I'm so proud of you!

SP, I'm so proud of you! You're going to have an excellent time!!

Hey, another crazy person

Hey, another crazy person coming to the island! Enjoy the weather and the ...views. Have a great race!

Have fun Sunday SP!  Is this

Have fun Sunday SP! Is this the first time on the island? Hopefully you will get there early and acclimate to the temperature/humidity in comparison to what you have been training in. Nice problem to have this time of year. Have a blast! Cannot wait to hear about the trip.

Big shout out to Eric for

Big shout out to Eric for getting me over my fundraising goal! He's my barefoot hero.

I will be leaving this Friday, and the marathon is on Sunday, so I suppose I have a few days to acclimate. I'm not expecting to break any PRs during the race, so I'll take it nice and easy regardless.

Got some nasty blisters on my feet from last week still, so hopefully those will be gone by then. Otherwise it's VFFs for me...again. Boo!

saypay45 wrote:Big shout out

saypay45 said:
Big shout out to Eric for getting me over my fundraising goal! He's my barefoot hero.

I will be leaving this Friday, and the marathon is on Sunday, so I suppose I have a few days to acclimate. I'm not expecting to break any PRs during the race, so I'll take it nice and easy regardless.

Got some nasty blisters on my feet from last week still, so hopefully those will be gone by then. Otherwise it's VFFs for me...again. Boo!

Haha. I am no hero, but seeing you run barefoot in the kilt will be worth it. I am going to try and run as much of the race as I can barefoot, but unfortunately my job has priority and I may have to put something on my feet to finish. It will be interesting because I havent been training at all for a marathon, nevermind barefoot marathon training. But the body is capable of amazing things when you push yourself.

Hit me up on facebook so I can find you race day.

seeing you run barefoot in

seeing you run barefoot in the kilt will be worth it. Uh, maybe not. ;-)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7