I'm Back!...Maybe...

Zetti

Barefooters
Feb 17, 2012
Hey guys,
It's been a looong times since I disappeared. Just got a promotion at work and have been busy busy busy. I know I know that doesn't justify fallin off the face of the earth but that's all I got.
For what its worth I've miss you crazies and I hope to be back a few times a week at least.

I've kept my mileage up and am still planning on my marathon in the end of September. Just did a 16mi last weekend with little to no discomfort (except just being dang tired).

So what did I miss in 50 words or less?....yes even you Lee will be held to that limit! :p

Congrats on the promotion. And the mileage as well!
You'll pick up here right where you left off for the most part, you'll see.

Reactions: Zetti
Hey, you! Missed you too! :barefoot:

Reactions: Zetti
Welcome back!
A few highlights (?) off the top of my head:
  • A bunch of giveaways (new rule!)
  • TJ asked for money:)
  • Lots of great race reports
  • A great hiking report
  • Beautiful pictures from Donner pass and hints of cannibalismo_O
  • Naked women on the "Hottest Female Athlete" thread:D
  • Some crazy sh!t from Oregon:)
  • BRS Trademarked!
  • Peeing in the sink (really)

Welcome back!
A few highlights (?) off the top of my head:
  • A bunch of giveaways (new rule!)
  • TJ asked for money:)
  • Lots of great race reports
  • A great hiking report
  • Beautiful pictures from Donner pass and hints of cannibalismo_O
  • Naked women on the "Hottest Female Athlete" thread:D
  • Some crazy sh!t from Oregon:)
  • BRS Trademarked!
  • Peeing in the sink (really)
This was quite helpful....Thanks BFsailor!

Hey guys,
It's been a looong times since I disappeared. Just got a promotion at work and have been busy busy busy. I know I know that doesn't justify fallin off the face of the earth but that's all I got.
For what its worth I've miss you crazies and I hope to be back a few times a week at least.

I've kept my mileage up and am still planning on my marathon in the end of September. Just did a 16mi last weekend with little to no discomfort (except just being dang tired).

So what did I miss in 50 words or less?....yes even you Lee will be held to that limit! :p
Yea right, I heard that before and where are you now? your last post was on Tuesday and it's Thursday now:p
Welcome back anyways, and congrats on the new job:)

Reactions: Bare Lee and Zetti
This was quite helpful....Thanks BFsailor!
Ya, excellent summary BFSailor!

For me, even though mentioned by name, nothing really new. No ultras, no epic gravel, not even a blister. I've been running more in the morning, and trying to run more frequently, and that's been great so far. Also, I've been injury-free since mid-Winter so can't complain about that. Stretching and massaging with semi-religious dedication have done the trick. Pace and distance up a bit. My oft ill-fated pursuit of Moby-Dick mileage concluded with a happier denouement than Ahab's, sometime last spring. I now do a plus-10 mile run once or twice a month, and that's about enough.

Congrats on the promo! For busy-busy-ness participation, why not try weekly summaries on the Mileage forum? In any event, good luck on the Marathon. Just remember, Oprah ran one!

P.S., people who type fast get more than 50 words. I don't care if you're a slow reader.

P.S.P.S., oh and my wife has some Brazilian friends now, so that helps.

Yea right, I heard that before and where are you now? your last post was on Tuesday and it's Thursday now:p
Welcome back anyways, and congrats on the new job:)
I'm back again then...:D

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Ya, excellent summary BFSailor!

For me, even though mentioned by name, nothing really new. No ultras, no epic gravel, not even a blister. I've been running more in the morning, and trying to run more frequently, and that's been great so far. Also, I've been injury-free since mid-Winter so can't complain about that. Stretching and massaging with semi-religious dedication have done the trick. Pace and distance up a bit. My oft ill-fated pursuit of Moby-Dick mileage concluded with a happier denouement than Ahab's, sometime last spring. I now do a plus-10 mile run once or twice a month, and that's about enough.

Congrats on the promo! For busy-busy-ness participation, why not try weekly summaries on the Mileage forum? In any event, good luck on the Marathon. Just remember, Oprah ran one!

P.S., people who type fast get more than 50 words. I don't care if you're a slow reader.

P.S.P.S., oh and my wife has some Brazilian friends now, so that helps.

glad ur injury free Lee!
Sounds like perfect mileage. I've definitely been taking the meditative approach to my runs....if I don't feel like I am meditating and relaxing...then I'm working too hard :barefoot:

Glad you're wife found some Brazilians.....everyone needs a little Brazilian in their life. Mine is quite small :D
It helps to have a common language to feel a closer connection in terms of friendships...especially if you don't feel confident in your second language.

PS: I never expected you to stay below 50 words...:p
PSPS:
search
you

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
glad ur injury free Lee!
Sounds like perfect mileage. I've definitely been taking the meditative approach to my runs....if I don't feel like I am meditating and relaxing...then I'm working too hard :barefoot:

Glad you're wife found some Brazilians.....everyone needs a little Brazilian in their life. Mine is quite small :D
It helps to have a common language to feel a closer connection in terms of friendships...especially if you don't feel confident in your second language.

PS: I never expected you to stay below 50 words...:p
PSPS:
search
you
Thanks I was afraid you might not like the new injury-free me. Like a recovering alcoholic, I tend to go on and on about finding my cure--stretching and massaging. If I can save just one more bare sole, it'll be worth it. Even Nick listened to me after six months or so.

Anyway, glad to have you maybe back.

Reactions: Zetti and NickW
Welcome back! Yeah work has got me off an on this year. New job, and busy at home, a lot less time overall to spend on the forums but I've finally got into the grove for the most part and get online from time to time.

Is it your first marathon? Seem like there are a few of us trying for our first marathon here soon! Good luck!

Reactions: dutchie53
Welcome back! Yeah work has got me off an on this year. New job, and busy at home, a lot less time overall to spend on the forums but I've finally got into the grove for the most part and get online from time to time.

Is it your first marathon? Seem like there are a few of us trying for our first marathon here soon! Good luck!
Tristan...yeah...1st Marathon....and I think I'm ready for a successful race.
Nothing fast....I really too Dama's advice and am completely throwing out times and just worried about finishing in one piece....so far so good :barefoot:

Tristan...yeah...1st Marathon....and I think I'm ready for a successful race.
Nothing fast....I really too Dama's advice and am completely throwing out times and just worried about finishing in one piece....so far so good :barefoot:
Awesome man, good luck. Its comming up quick! Another month for me... mines Oct 20th. I have a goal in mind, which may seem easy based on my half marathon times, but honestly I'm not even worried about hitting it. My main goal is just to finish the darn thing! So I know you said about hitting 16 miles... have you got any longer runs in more recently? I'm curious abotu what kind of miles people work up to prior to thier first marathon - especially all barefoot. You doing yours barefoot?

Awesome man, good luck. Its comming up quick! Another month for me... mines Oct 20th. I have a goal in mind, which may seem easy based on my half marathon times, but honestly I'm not even worried about hitting it. My main goal is just to finish the darn thing! So I know you said about hitting 16 miles... have you got any longer runs in more recently? I'm curious abotu what kind of miles people work up to prior to thier first marathon - especially all barefoot. You doing yours barefoot?
Yeah....Sept 28....already starting to taper.

I just did a 20mi barefoot....mostly side walks though...and it was raining. I find that running on wet pavement actually makes my feet feel better and tolerate more.

I've been mixing in rougher roads but nothing over 10mi on a rough rad. I will be carrying my Lunas in the even that my feet start hurting. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I rarely wear my Lunas so they actually give me blisters between the ball and tip of my big toes (especially if its hot out).
My whole thing is that I want to enjoy my run...if at some point I don footwear as a tool....so be it!
I'd prefer to go completely BF as my IT Band also tends to tighten up when I wear any type of minshoe, but again I am taking the running as a meditation approach.

Should be interesting either way....I will write up a report after the race. I haven't run two days in a row during this whole process though. My overall weekly mileage is not nearly as high as some peoples but after Sunday I feel super ready. I still have a secret time goal that no one knows about, but training as though I just want to finish had helped me avoid injury right now. Otherwise I'd have bumped up the weekly mileage substantially.

I'm probably around 30mi a week for the past 2 months.

Yeah....Sept 28....already starting to taper.

I just did a 20mi barefoot....mostly side walks though...and it was raining. I find that running on wet pavement actually makes my feet feel better and tolerate more.

I've been mixing in rougher roads but nothing over 10mi on a rough rad. I will be carrying my Lunas in the even that my feet start hurting. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I rarely wear my Lunas so they actually give me blisters between the ball and tip of my big toes (especially if its hot out).
My whole thing is that I want to enjoy my run...if at some point I don footwear as a tool....so be it!
I'd prefer to go completely BF as my IT Band also tends to tighten up when I wear any type of minshoe, but again I am taking the running as a meditation approach.

Should be interesting either way....I will write up a report after the race. I haven't run two days in a row during this whole process though. My overall weekly mileage is not nearly as high as some peoples but after Sunday I feel super ready. I still have a secret time goal that no one knows about, but training as though I just want to finish had helped me avoid injury right now. Otherwise I'd have bumped up the weekly mileage substantially.

I'm probably around 30mi a week for the past 2 months.

If nothing else Zetti, one thing to remember is that the race in a marathon doesn't start until mile 20 so it's very important that you watch your pace before that, especially the first half...please, please don't go too fast even if feeling good.
If by mile 18 you still feel good then pick up the pace just a little and when you reach mile 20 and still feel good then let yourself go.
Lots of people hit the wall at mile 20 but it's a temporary thing.
Do not forget YOUR nutrition AND hydration during the race. Just sayin'

If nothing else Zetti, one thing to remember is that the race in a marathon doesn't start until mile 20 so it's very important that you watch your pace before that, especially the first half...please, please don't go too fast even if feeling good.
If by mile 18 you still feel good then pick up the pace just a little and when you reach mile 20 and still feel good then let yourself go.
Lots of people hit the wall at mile 20 but it's a temporary thing.
Do not forget YOUR nutrition AND hydration during the race. Just sayin'
good stuff.....thanks Dama!
Don't plan on "racing" this one....but lets see how I feel after the first 3/4ths =)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts