i need to ask something to be sure,is only 1 question

addic

Barefooters
Dec 16, 2011
I have already to run barefoot and is amazing this kind of feeling.I`m not hurry up to do it because i want to avoid blisters,calf pain,foot pain.My question is a runner that ran barefoot many years can do interval-tempo exercises and can do 100 kilometres per a week without problems or better may he use vibram to avoid injuries?I need to know because this is my program.Please answer to this question is very importand for me.Thanks

Welcome Addic!I dont know if

Welcome Addic!

I dont know if theres an adequate answer to your question, because there are soo many variables.

How long ago did you run barefoot, and for how long? What age were you when you were running barefoot? What is your age now? Why did you stop? What has your level of physical activity been since then? What have you been wearing on your feet since that time?

Really, the best thing to do is to try it. Just put your training program on hold while your transitioning back into running barefoot. Start off with a a quarter mile (or half a kilometer if thats what your used to measurements in) and evaluate how you feet afterwards. If your having any pain or soreness, take the next day off and then run another half Kilometer the next day. Once your comfortable running .5K barefoot, then step up to a full 1K, and steadily grow from there!

Good luck!

Chaser has good questions and

Chaser has good questions and good advice here.

As long as you disregard the training programs for now, practice patience, take it slow, you should be able to transition safely to barefoot running. Ditch the footwear completely and go bare.

Hi addic! I think the

Hi addic! I think the standard advice applies here. Gradual increases are the way to go--no more than 10% a week. And don't increase both speed and distance at the same time.

@Chaser i`m not asking about

@Chaser i`m not asking about me ,i`m new at bf,i started running bf two weeks now 5-6 minits per day,with not any pain for now.

@BarefootTJ I`m not have disregard my training program,right now i ran about 70-80 km per week

I dont want to stop my training program and i do normal and bf running same time.First week i ran 4 minits barefoot every day,second week i`m doing 5-6 minits per a day,and after 1 week i will add 1 or 2 minits,I will do this for many months.

After one year(or more?) my training program (70-80 km per week including intervals and tempo) wanted to be the half week kilometres to be with vibram and the other half barefoot.Is that possible?or to wear vibram all the time?or the foot will have more chance to get injured with so many kilometres(some of them with fast pace) and better use minimal shoes? (like NB minimus or acics ds racer)

For the info i`m 32 years old 1,83cm and 74 kilos weight.I run 2 years now(before running i was playing basketball),first 8 months was with slow pace,40-50 kilometres per week,after this i start interval,tempo and long run running(once a week) for the 14 last months,my pace at intervals is 3:30-3:40 minits per km,my tempo pace is 3:50.My personal best at 10k race is 38:35 and at 20km is 1:22:10.Marathon is my next target at 5 months from now.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english,isnt my mother language.

Addic, You sound like you

Addic, You sound like you have a fine base and run mostly the risk of progressing too fast. Continue to be patient and careful and you will be very successful. Good job so far!

Btw, what is your mother tongue anyway? and where are you doing your running these days? I'm insatiably curious about such things.

I`m from Greece,last week i

I`m from Greece,last week i ran 5 times,one was interval,one tempo,two runs easy pace about 12 kms and 1 long run 23 kms with average pace 5:30 km per minit