Human Naturally- A Stone's Throw Away 12 June 2016

Human Naturally- A Stone's Throw Away 12 June 2016
By Jaqa

Hi Guys!

I did a really cool event with Human Naturally Singapore, http://www.humannaturallysg.com/ , yesterday.

We met up at 07h00 at Venus Car Park on a deliciously cool morning, by Singapore standards that is. And then hiked 75 minutes into the jungle. Everyone was sporting Luna or Xero sandals. I wanted to go barefoot but had bought a new pair of Xero Trek's so had to see how they performed. (Very comfortable, I must say, and I did not notice them at all)

DSC_1244.JPG

DSC_1245.JPG

Justin was our very able coach/guide for the day and we were joined by Darra, Thomas and Su Yi.

I absolutely loved hiking along trails I have not yet done. We briefly walked along the McRitchie trail, https://www.thebarefootrunners.org/threads/mcritchie-run-singapore.19461/#post-181819 , where a standard marathon was taking place. 4 laps through the jungle is tough- my water consumption would have been 12.5L at least.

DSC_1249.JPG

The walk did have its casualties with some slippery wet clay.

DSC_1253.JPG

DSC_1254.JPG

Once we came to a cascading waterfall, I knew where we were. Love this spot!

DSC_1255.JPG

Tight walk along the waterfall, carefull not to slip.

DSC_1259.JPG

And then to the secret training ground along Upper Pierce Reservoir.

A great little spot!

IMG_20160612_091514.jpg

And then to pick our rocks for some naturally gymming! Justin gave us some expert coaching on correct lifting techniques for natural shaped objects including the ever valuable," checked under the rock for snakes before picking up." Being an ex South African farmer, I found this quite easy but so much fun to be doing this stuff again.

DSC_1263.JPG

DSC_1264.JPG

DSC_1265.JPG

We did an hour of lifting and some throwing competitions focusing on distance and accuracy. Brawn definitively did not equal brains here!

IMG_20160612_085259.jpg

And a group pose with our new "best" friends!

IMG_20160612_113153.jpg

I'm the guy in InknBurn T-shirt.

I left the group on the way to run back home. Had a nice 25min run through the forest paths barefoot except for a big scare by a snake. Turned out to be a jungle monitor lizard at head height. And then another 20min along boring highway. Back by 10:30 and quick shower to get to friends' place to help them with their home brew beer and ended up the day watching Shrek, The Musical! Busy day!

Directed to the home page. Thanks for sharing! :barefoot:

Reactions: Jaqa

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts