Howdy!

don hiser

Barefooters
Dec 3, 2010
Hello all! My name is Don, and I'm from Montana. I've been an avid runner for several years now, but have only recently (the last 2 months) gotten into minimalist and barefoot running. After a spring and summer of stress fractures and nasty plantar fasciitis, as well as new hip and knee aches while on training runs, I am in love once again with running! I have fun running now, and go home without any hint of soreness. The world is not flat, and barefoot running is not crazy or harmful (at least not to me!).

Welcome, Don!

Welcome, Don!

Welcome Don!  I had my moment

Welcome Don! I had my moment of thinking I'll never be able to run again also. My BF experiences have all been excellent, if not painless. Keep on with your development and let us know how you manage.

Doesn't it snow some in Montana?

Thanks, guys!  Stress

Thanks, guys! Stress fractures are nasty business, but honestly, the PF was more of a pain as it took much longer to get rid of. And yes, JTree, it does snow some in Montana haha. Actually, the winters have gotten pretty mild over the years. I'm waiting for the snow falls that are measured in feet rather than inches, but in the 10 years I've been here it hasn't happened.

Aloha Don and

Aloha Don and hello---

Regarding your nasty plantar fasciitis, are you better/improving now due to barefoot running---just curious...if I may ask.

Mahalo,

Myles

Kauai Runner

Hey there, Myles!  I had

Hey there, Myles! I had actually gotten over my PF while still in shoes, but I did study and alter my running form to a mid/ forefoot strike and a higher, lighter cadence as in barefoot running. The effect was immediate and a huge difference. After many miles of having a pseudo-barefoot style I finally decided to just kick off the shoes. The transition so far has been pretty easy I think because I had been running mid to forefoot in shoes for a while. On a side note, I wish I were in Hawaii right now instead of cold Montana :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon