Hi! I'm Krista. I'm a new BFR.

Hello Everyone!

I'm relatively new to BFR. I'm an artist and graphic designer, a mom of two boys (6 & 3) and have been a runner off and on all my life (started track and cross-country around 12). I've had knee/foot issues all of my life too, so running injury free has always been my goal. Almost two years ago I learned about pose running - and I've got to tell you, it changed my life. I'm able to run much further and longer without knee or foot pain. I've recently picked up barefooting because it was one of the ways I learned to run pose and helped me transition my form.

I'm recording my experiences about barefooting on my new blog Running Naked on Sharp Pointy Stuff. This is all new to me, including the blogging so I welcome visits from anyone and everyone!

I am seriously LOVING barefooting although its been a very slow process. I'm looking for support and advice from others while I explore this new endeavor. I'm so glad I found this community! Thanks for being here.

Welcome, Krista.  Another

Welcome, Krista. Another success story!

Hi Krista, welcome!

Hi Krista, welcome!

How YOU doin? Welcome!

How YOU doin? Welcome!

Hi Krista, hows it going? I

Hi Krista, hows it going? I checked out you cool blog, you are on fi-yah! Since we are not mainstream, I figured I would talk you language LOL

Welcome Zap!I checked your

Welcome Zap!

I checked your blog too and have to ask....can I be a M.I.L.F too??? I'm totally down with what you represent there, half of the reason I lead a healthy active lifestyle. To set a good example for my kiddos:) How old are your babies? I've got a 7yr old (Olivia), 5yr old (Max) and 3yr old (Nyla, aka tumultuous 3yr old tornado)

Nice to meet you guys! Larry

Nice to meet you guys! Larry - if you can live it, you can speak it! Hahahaha. Zumba - you can absolutely be a M.I.L.F.F. too! Actually, the design for my shirts is still on the site if you want to order one. Check out the link: http://www.customizedgirl.com/modifydesign/c9e04ae6f9fec86701b60a1e40b9e5f3_1336334 It was a lot of fun designing them. I also designed one with women mud wrestlers for the Down and Dirty Mud Run my friends and I will be racing in on Oct 31st. Its a little more naughty though and I'm hoping we don't get censored - hee hee.

My boys are Mason (6) and Finn (3) and they are way more than 100% boys! This mama definitely needs a happy hour to recover from some of their antics so I can relate to the tumultuous tornado concept.

My boys are 5 yrs. & 6

My boys are 5 yrs. & 6 months. My girl is 13.

My oldest will be 8

My oldest will be 8 TOMORROW! Yikes, it goes by so fast. My little one will be 4 on October 5.

zapmamak wrote:My boys are

zapmamak said:
My boys are Mason (6) and Finn (3) and they are way more than 100% boys! This mama definitely needs a happy hour to recover from some of their antics ....

Happy hour? It's been the past nineteen and a half years of raising two boys 18 months apart that was directly responsible for the creation of PWI Classic as well as PWI Nouveau!

The older sister was much easier.

Best of luck to all of you!

haha LB, boys will do that.

haha LB, boys will do that. Max is definitely all boy too, he's interesting to watch. I grew up with sisters so his boyness takes me off guard often. I'm getting better at staying on guard though, rule in our house: If there's no gushing blood or broken bones, we're good. So far so good.

Zap, I was considering naming my youngest Finn (it was between Finneas Jack and Samual Guinness), then she came out a pinkie pie so we went Nyla Rue instead;)

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
..... rule in our house: If there's no gushing blood or broken bones, we're good. So far so good.

Gushing blood? Been there. Broken bones? Yup. Latest was a fully torn ACL this past spring, but at least it was a solo venture(kite boarding).

Longboard wrote:Happy hour?

Longboard said:
Happy hour? It's been the past nineteen and a half years of raising two boys 18 months apart that was directly responsible for the creation of PWI Classic as well as PWI Nouveau!

LB - I'm curious. What's PWI Classic and PWI Nouveau?

....got. to. love. respect.

....got. to. love. respect. cherish. the M.I.L.F.....

Always had a thing....and married mine, 12 years older than me...her mother (at 80) just called her a cougar....I think the term was new to her, watching too much T.V. in her assisted living home....

Longboard

Longboard said:
LB - Hahahaha! That's what the "P" in "PWI" was! Hmmmm. I think I may have inadvertently (or advertently hee hee) BWI'd?? (blogged) When you have kids, you gotta embrace that happy hour. Loved the blog about the dude who did the Beer Half Marathon. I posted that to my FB page and LMFAO reading it!

Oh! and about the blood gushing and boys, we just wish we had one of those "Buy One Get One Free" cards for the emergency room. My oldest races BMX (and could be a potential future X-gamer) and my husband MTBs and breaks himself all the time (his latest was impailing himself on his handle bar - went in 3 1/2 inches!). Our insurance is through the roof expensive (we are self-employed) so our family could use something like that.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts