Hi from Washington

palouserider

Barefooters
Mar 7, 2011
I found this forum a couple of days ago and now saw that I'm supposed to introduce myself. So here I am, 47 years old, female, married, one kid, have been running since last April on and off, and all of it except the first two weeks in minimalist shoes. Haven't tried barefoot yet, too many gravel roads where we live and hate getting my feet dirty (but then I also said a year ago I didn't like running because I get sweaty.
regular_smile.gif
)

I learned a lot when I found the barefoot forum on runner's world and have been happily running since. I also completed my first half-marathon a week ago. I was the slowest in my age group but jogged without walking in between and had lots of fun. I'm now attempting some trail running and intervals.

Hi Palouse, Welcome. Where

Hi Palouse,

Welcome. Where in WA are you? I'm in Portlandia and a few of us here have already gotten together for runs.

Mike

Hi Pal!  Welcome!

Hi Pal! Welcome!

Name's Tanner and I live in

Name's Tanner and I live in Seattle by Greenlake with my wife and 2 kids. We are all runners and I have been slowly becoming a FT minimalist and barefoot runner. Ran my last 2 50K Ultras in these:

mizuno+wave+ascend+4.jpg

(Mizuno Wave Aascend 4)

And I am running my first 50 miler in these in 3 weeks:
image.php

(New Balance MT 101)

I train some barefoot and have run in VFFs and kung fu shoes...

I hope to run an ultra barefoot at some point...

Cheers to all you awesome folks that already do!

Pantero,Your post hit the

Pantero,

Your post hit the blog twice, so I deleted the second.

Welcome and running Ultras Barefoot is definitely interesting and very fun, I did a 50 km last year, and scheduled to do 2 more this year. Good luck if you do decide to try one, I know you will enjoy.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7