Hi from Spain

hi there,

Just a quick Hi. Im a Brit who moved in the andalucian mountains in southern Spain for the last year.

Ive been running for the last 18 months, and Im now transitioning to MR using VFF (Spyridon LS). Having just read BtR Im tempted to go BF, though the hill trails out here are quite rocky... so not sure my feat are up to it.

Currently doing 2km a day, with no real problems (except from the expected slightly sore calves) - though still taking care to up the km's slowly.

Been reading the forum for the last few days, and found its a mine of useful information and advices, so thanks for that, and look forward to spending a bit more time here :)

Got a fews questions regarding gear, but I'll put those in the main sections.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Welcome aboard....this is a great resource, always glad to see a new face!
Love the avatar =)

Welcome! Love the doggie. Very Cute!

Reactions: TheTechnobear
Thanks again.
Phil, ive now started to do some BF, mixing it with the vff ... found the trails not that bad, though a bit cold ! The tarmac seems worst, as it has bits of gravel on it ( i think 4x4 tyres pick it up from trails and deposit it on roads).
Im building ( a house) at the moment, so have lots of gravel... Perhaps i'll follow ken bobs advice and practice on that :)

The cold seems to be my worst problem, although sharp, pointy surfaces are no friend either. Below about 50 degrees F ground temperature, my feet get too stiff to flex and move effectively. I love tarmac/asphalt so long as I can avoid the little rocks; they are a bear (no pun intended). And I've found that I can run on difficult surfaces much more comfortably than walking on them, so I learned not to judge surfaces by merely walking on them. I think it's the fact that you touch down smoothly and for less time on each foot when running. I'm also a mountain terrain lover - I grew up in the Southern Appalachian mountains in Tennessee. Enjoy!

Reactions: TheTechnobear

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon