Hi from Germany

Well, I didn't exactly run

Well, I didn't exactly run home since I was at my parents' place but then again, it was pretty nice. The "beach" in question is only a small lake though.

You travel around Europe? Let me know if you ever come up to these parts, as in Luleå, Sweden. I'll show you the sights. Not exactly barefoot friendly in the winter but the summers more than make up for it.

You must be kidding?  Lulea? 

You must be kidding? Lulea? Isn't that almost in the Arctic Circle? :) Geez, you must have some rough winters. Are you Swedish?

I'm in Sweden quite a bit. I'll be up there in November, but in Goteberg and Stockholm. Beautiful country you have there. And people are really friendly. I once watched the NFL Super Bowl in the middle of the night at a bar in Stockholm. That was a blast!

If you ever make it to Dusseldorf, Germany, look me up.

By the way, I'll definitely get a chance to run barefoot on my trip up there next month, so I'll post in my blog about it.

About 70 miles south of it,

About 70 miles south of it, yes. And yes, I'm Swedish. The winters aren't as bad as you might think due to the extremely low humidity. I've had worse experiences due to cold in the Stockholm area in way higher temperatures than we get here, to be honest.

When are you going to Stockholm? I've got most of my family there and I'll be visiting them around the 20th of November.

BB, is your parents' fridge

BB, is your parents' fridge clean?

Plan right now is fly Nov. 8

Plan right now is fly Nov. 8 into Copenhagen. Driving with some people up to Goteberg on Nov 9. Meetings there and then possible flight to Stockholm on Nov. 10. Flight home on Nov. 11. Sorry I'm going to miss you. Any recommendations for good food in Stockholm?

It depends. It's usually

It depends. It's usually clean but I've found jars of preserves in there that have been 10 years past their expiration date. Do you want to clean that one too? ;)

I have plenty of

I have plenty of recommendations for good food in Stockholm. What are you looking for?

No thanks.  I'll pass.  That

No thanks. I'll pass. That last one took all day!

Blind Boy - Anywhere I can

Blind Boy - Anywhere I can take a client. We'll be business casual.

Ran 7.5k barefoot only last

Ran 7.5k barefoot only last night. Felt great. Feet a little sore this morning, but not too bad. A huge thank you to everyone who suggested I stop transitioning from Nike Free to barefoot. I've run only barefoot every run this week, and it's awesome. Switching from Nike Free to barefoot during runs just wasn't forcing me into the right form and was probably going to extend my transition time. I'm now thinking about running a slow 10k next month somewhere near Dusseldorf.

Thank you BRS!

Congrats!For food in

Congrats!

For food in Stockholm I'd recommend Malaysia on Luntmakargatan 98, the name pretty much describes what they do. Another good choice would be Östgötakällaren on Östgötagatan 41, their food is more what I'd call modern Swedish style. I don't know if these are business casual though, I'm not exactly a business type of guy. They're not Michelin star material but the food is good and the atmosphere, though a bit different between the two, is fairly casual.

Yeah, Jake!

Yeah, Jake!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts