Hi from France

Hello every body,

Here is a few words for presentation. (Sorry in advance for my very bad english :shy:)

Not being at all sporty, but converted to common sense in recent months about the need to have a physical activity, it was obvious for me to run barefoot for fun, natural gesture and coherence with my decreasing beliefs.

Urban life does not give us the opportunity to take off our shoes, causing frustration for me for decades, leaving feelings reserved for children, and causing many muscle and bone pain. It had to change that.

The first ride barefoot at seven o'clock in the morning on a wet asphalt in the month of October was a renaissance, an addictive plantar jubilation. Despite an unwelcoming environment for footbed hypersensitive and without an ounce of muscle (aggressive asphalt and gravel everywhere), I caught the virus. :happy::barefoot:

Welcome / bienvenue !
J'espère que tu nous rejoindras très vite sur le "France chapter"
Tu verras que plusieurs régions sont déjà représentées - au fait tu es d'où ?
Au plaisir d'échanger (course pieds nus ou décroissance... ça me parle aussi ! ;))
A++

Welcome!

Welcome Ito!
Hang around here often you won't regret it!

Hi Ito !
So what is you current practice of barefoot running? Do you run regulalry? Only barefoot or also with minimalist shoes? (Beware the well-known "too much too soon" risk!)
Even if it is a bit out of the forum scope, I would also be very interested if you could tell us a bit more about your "decreasing beliefs" ;) (eventually by PM...)
A pluche ! (this is not english !!)
Olivier

Well, I've never practice any sport until now, except one year of fitness in a previous life, and several months of Krav Maga (self defense) three years ago. So, I began to learn to run in the last october, about only one or two times by month, my feet in surf shoes. But it caused back pain which disappear immediatly when I take them off. So by cutting the soles of these surf shoes and attaching laces.

P1120930X.JPG

Because of a very bad weather, I don't run as much as I would like, but it is becoming better. The frequency of my outing is now an average of one per week. At the beginning, I alternated 30 seconds of running and walking for an hour. Today I run during three parts of 15 minutes between little moments of walking. I'm very happy of this progression, because I start from none. My objectif is to run without any shoes when my footbed will be ready. No competition, just fun in the woods and through streets of my city.

When I barefoot in grass and run, it's such a pleasure, I can't stop, I feel so good. My body stands correctly, I breath in correct rythm, it is magic. Apparently, although still essential, the soles of my handmade sandals are too thick. But soon I will test a new option that I sewed myself : a pair of finger socks with a thin leather sole. I don't know if it will be very resistant, we'll see.

Barefoot running is not only healthy, this is also a politic choice if we have conscious of our liberty and power as a consummer. This is not only natural, in these times, it is totally revolutionary, as much as eating vegan and organic foods that do never come from supermarkets, buying used clothes, cultivating a vegetable garden without any pesticides, no labour and chemical fertilizer, etc...
In brief, first of all think recycling, recovery, self-sufficiency, as soon as we need anything. This my way of life.

The frequency of my outing is now an average of one per week. At the beginning, I alternated 30 seconds of running and walking for an hour. Today I run during three parts of 15 minutes between little moments of walking. I'm very happy of this progression, because I start from none. My objectif is to run without any shoes when my footbed will be ready. No competition, just fun in the woods and through streets of my city.

It is a great beginning :), yet be careful anyway: Starting from scratch, I assume this is already a high load - shoed feet are not accustomed to work anymore, making it necessary to have a very progressive path...

When I barefoot in grass and run, it's such a pleasure, I can't stop, I feel so good. My body stands correctly, I breath in correct rythm, it is magic. Apparently, although still essential, the soles of my handmade sandals are too thick. But soon I will test a new option that I sewed myself : a pair of finger socks with a thin leather sole. I don't know if it will be very resistant, we'll see.

100% agree about pleasure & feeling :D (we might not be the only ones out there!); Sewing your own finger socks is a great idea, do not forget & give us a short feedback about it!

Barefoot running is not only healthy, this is also a politic choice if we have conscious of our liberty and power as a consummer. This is not only natural, in these times, it is totally revolutionary, as much as eating vegan and organic foods that do never come from supermarkets, buying used clothes, cultivating a vegetable garden without any pesticides, no labour and chemical fertilizer, etc... In brief, first of all think recycling, recovery, self-sufficiency, as soon as we need anything. This my way of life.

Well I have (almost) 100% the same mindset ;) - will answer you by PM, since it is not the actual purpose of the forum.

+++

Thanks again ! :)

Just to finish my presentation, because it shows a lot the way that I approach running, here are my first impressions of my handmade socks fingers, and they are excellent. For stony paths and/or fragile insoles, it removes an interface without no longer have any protection. The walk is free, fully feeling each support, without suffering the aggression of a gross coating. In two words, it's amazing ! :woot: :joyful:

It makes me doing big progress in a short time. I can already run barefoot during 30 minutes without any stopping, that is really unexpected for this kind of people like me who has never made sport before. If some buziness man tries the aventure and puts on the market the same socks tomorrow, without any marketing blabla and at a reasonnable price, I would be his first and faithful customer. :D

P1130916X.JPG

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon