Hello

Hello and welcome, this is a

Hello and welcome, this is a great group of people with a wealth of knowledge and experiences.

Welcome, Lisa!  Glad to have

Welcome, Lisa! Glad to have you here.

Ask lots of questions here,

Ask lots of questions here, Lisa; there is a wealth of experience and knowledge in this crew, and everyone is willing to share as you start down this exciting road. Glad to see your commitment to lifestyle change, and glad to have you here!

Phil

Well. Used to be a runner.

Well. Used to be a runner. Orthopod told me I had to stop about 14 years ago due to degenerative disc disease. Gained weight and got tired of being told to walk. Found kettlebell sport and love it but still missed running. Have a pin in the left knee from age 16. Meniscus tear later. Found out that barefoot running takes most or all of the pounding out of it and felt good. So far, I am following Barefoot Ken Bob's recommendation of starting at 5 minutes, three times a week. Increasing slowly. Now up to 7 minutes. Got a couple of blisters but feel pretty good. TMI?

not tmi.  Sounds like you're

not tmi. Sounds like you're doing good! Just keep going gradually and the time and distance will increase naturally. If you feel the blisters are an issue you might want to root around on these forums for threads about them. But they are a fairly common occurrence among beginners so it's probably not anything major. Let us know how it goes..

TMI?  Go check out the

TMI? Go check out the Definitive Gross Pictures thread. THAT, Lisa, is TMI.

Welcome! You'll dig it here, we're a groovy bunch, I think. Ask a gazillion questions. Good luck!

Chris

TMI, no way, Lisa!  Blisters

TMI, no way, Lisa! Blisters are our friends. They're there for us to lean on in the early stages to teach us proper form and to prevent us for TMTS (too much too soon). Keep thinking, light, relax, bend knees, and lift, and the blisters will become a thing of the past. Let us know how you progress.

Welcome!  Sounds like you

Welcome! Sounds like you started for similar reasons to my own...weight loss, ACL replacement in my left knee and some cartilage "reshaping" by a knee doc meant heal toe sucked! Ken Bob's book is a great resource! I just finished it.

I got my blisters from forcing the form, but TJ straightened me out with the 3 things I was missing, in spite of all my research...relax, listen to your feet and have fun! Since then, it's been cake and I've lost 20lbs+ in the last 3mo.

If I can do it...ANYONE can! Keep it up! You'll get there!

;o)

-Jonny

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7