Hello from Portugal

Hello BF’s, I'm david from Lisbon, Portugal, I started running barefoot in late 2011 I started when my cushioned sneakers ruined my knee.
Today i run barefoot and also with minimalist shoes. I never want to go back to cushioned..
I've run completely barefoot in 3 road races of 10km, but never did more than this distance barefoot, either in training or races.
Where I live I have never seen anyone running barefoot. Sometimes I see some people with VFF in races.

Also trying Trail running and I love it, but I have not been able to run a race barefoot. Normally the minimum distance of these races is about 25km and I feel that maybe im not ready. already had an unpleasant experience with a root and a finger almost broken =). But I will continue to try and gain experience.

Hello BF’s, I'm david from Lisbon, Portugal, I started running barefoot in late 2011 I started when my cushioned sneakers ruined my knee.
Today i run barefoot and also with minimalist shoes. I never want to go back to cushioned..
I've run completely barefoot in 3 road races of 10km, but never did more than this distance barefoot, either in training or races.
Where I live I have never seen anyone running barefoot. Sometimes I see some people with VFF in races.

Also trying Trail running and I love it, but I have not been able to run a race barefoot. Normally the minimum distance of these races is about 25km and I feel that maybe im not ready. already had an unpleasant experience with a root and a finger almost broken =). But I will continue to try and gain experience.

Welcome RainMaker we desperately need some rain here in Iowa, make some for us-please?;)
I am glad you're having fun with barefoot running but be careful and don't push it too much, build your distance slowly to avoid overuse injuries.
Here in the United States, the crazy americans called the fingers on you feet "toes" would you believe that? Crazy.
Anyways, I hope your finger heals quick.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Here in the United States, the crazy americans called the fingers on you feet "toes" would you believe that? Crazy.

You guys crack me up! :barefoot: Welcome, Rain Maker!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Apologies,. It's my mistake. I know that, but I forgot.
in Portugal we use the same word. "Dedos". is the translation of fingers.
Earlier this month we had temperatures of 42 º C in Lisbon.

Did not wish to rain because we had a very rainy winter

Yea, we in Mexico use the same word as you do in Portugal "dedos" for both hand and feet.

So you guys have fingers on your feet? :confused::wideeyed::hilarious:

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
So, is your big toe called a thumb then? Hee! :hilarious:

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
:facepalm:

jargon (Dedo grande do pé) "big feet finger", or (dedo gordo do pé) "fat finger". results in the same way for us

Yes! same here! I DO SPEAK PORTUGES THEN! Alright!

Reactions: RainMaker
I have come very close to damaging dedos de mano, dedos de pies, and my nose in my more awkward trail running moments.

Don't feel any pressure to do trail runs Bare Foot. Some folks do it, but most mere mortals like a bit more protection. There was just a thread about a Madagash woman running trails Bare Foot and winning in spectacularly fast times.

Anyway, Bienvenido, Senjor!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7