Hello from France

Hobbit

Barefooters
Oct 20, 2012
France
Hello everybody,
And here is yet another new member of the Barefoot Runners Society:)
I'm living in France, but actually I'm German.
I came to barefoot running by way of forefoot walking (there is a German doctor who advises also walking (not just running) on the forefoot to get rid of allergies and other health problems.)
And this led to a search for forefoot friendly shoes - so I got myself some vibrams. And one thing leading to another, I tried them out for running and then shed them all together to run truly barefoot. It was an exhilarating experience. And also somewhat painful, as the road in front of my house is some kind of split sealed asphalt - yes, I know, the ideal surface to find perfect form!:D
A couple of months later, I now feel less pain on the road and am trying out some short and not too technical trails.
A big THANK YOU to Jason and Ken Bob: Your books were (and still are) a great help!!

Welcome, Hobbit! :barefoot:

Wilkommen Herr Hobbit. I'm an American who once lived in Deutschland. We're glad to have you with us. This is a great place to get excellent advice and guidance on BFR, which is indeed a whole lot of fun. I still use my Vibrams when I have a surface that is too rough or too cold (in the winter) to run safely or reasonably comfortably. Tschuss!

Phil

Welcome Hobbit.

Thank you all for your warm welcome:)

Phil, I'm like you: I always carry a pair of huaraches in my hands on my barefoot runs to negotiate patches of broken flint stone or cattle grills (I'm not sure this is the correct word in english - I mean these metal structures over a ditch that prevent the passing of smallfooted animals and barefooted runners) and in winter I'll most certainly use my vibrams again!

ThomDavid, yes, I do appreciate concrete by now! :D The problem with the chipsealed asphalt are the chips that are not sealed for one reason or another: they tend to stick to the soles of the feet and repeat this extraordinary outch-effect with every step that follows...

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway