Haven't been on here in awhile...

JoshM813

Barefooters
Aug 24, 2011
But my first race ever is next Friday so I'm pretty excited! Going barefoot of course and have no idea what to expect other than it'll be nice since its a 5k on the beach right at sunset.

I just started running again though after I stopped for reasons I myself don't even know but regret it because my feet are soft again :( but it was odd when I did my first run bf, since I stopped, I ended up going 6 miles without realizing it but slipped on my mocs for about the last 2 miles. My feet didn't burn too bad even though it was all paved road.

I did notice a huge change though from when I started running bf a year ago to when I just started again a month ago. Before I was really trying to mess with technique a lot trying to "get it right" and it was sort of exacerbating my knee tendonitis but now when I started again I just ran and have zero complaints...well next to zero, my calves still get sore

Hi Josh,
I like beach races! I regularly run in the local 4km beach race in March. I'm hoping to break the 20min barrier next year. I don't know why I haven't yet as in my training runs I can do the 2km distance in under 10 minutes, I think it must be the adrenaline that stiffens my muscles up too much when I'm in race conditions. The conditions are quite variable though, from running through 2" of water to dry powdery sand. On my training runs I usually time then to coincide with low tide so conditions are perfect.

Neil

Sounds like fun! I just don't usually run sand. Usually stick to trails but every time I am at the beach I run. I'd honestly be happy with 35mins in the 5k as its my first race. This seem like a good goal?

Welcome back, Josh!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7