Has anyone tried the Merrell Pure gloves?

khyricat

Barefooters
Jan 14, 2011
For running OR non running? Trying to get an idea of if they will work for me... the pace gloves would be running only shoes as they are too casual for me to be able to work... but the pure gloves look like I could wear them as work shoes and have them when needed for running too...

Still thinking of the ZEMs.. but mom mentioned getting me Merrell's at the Merrell store when I am visiting her..

My daughter runs in them on

My daughter runs in them on pavement and treadmill only...she likes them so far. I'm breaking in a pair of Trail Gloves and run a bit on the pavement just to see what they are like. When walking on pavement I can feel the tread but less so when running pavement. I think they are way better on trails than pavement...I know someone who returned a pair for that same reason. You will have to try them on and see if the tread feels too lumpy for non-trail use.

They also look decent and do not stand out like Vibrams, Zems etc...so for work that part is good.

that means waiting till I get

that means waiting till I get to Atlanta- when I probably won't need them to run any longer till Fall.. thanks! I wasn't about to order them online if I couldn't find some decent reviews of them somewhere..

I totally love my Pure

I totally love my Pure Gloves! They are so cute and just as comfortable.

Edited to add that I have not run in them yet though. Its warm here and I am going barefoot again so no need for shoes right now. They are really nice shoes though and you will want to wear them to work, play, ect.

My wife really likes them. I

My wife really likes them. I didn't like the TG because they were too narrow for my feet, lumpy and to little ground feel.

I have nothing to contribute

I have nothing to contribute other than GAAAAA Hawaii never gets any of this stuff when we should! The wife and I drove all over the place, visiting two different running-specific stores which actually carry VFFs looking for Merrells and the NB Minimus'. Bupkiss, zip, zilch, nada. It's like the shoe dealers say, "Ok, lets be sure to get these in to every state in the nation." And some guy in the back goes, "Uh, sir...Hawaii is..." "Shut it, Johnson! We don't deal in seashells here!"

Ok, I feel a little better now. As you were.

I love my Pace Gloves...for

I love my Pace Gloves...for running and casual wear. I have been using them mostly on a treadmill...I am in MI so I run on a treadmill in the Winter. Tomorrow I am doing the Lucky 7 in Minneapolis and I will be wearing my Pace Gloves. Since November I have been transitioning to mimimalist footwear and some barefoot. Like my Gloves much better than VFF's.

I can't wear VFF's so no

I can't wear VFF's so no minimalist shoes for me so far.. planning on a pair of pace gloves- where in MI did you find yours? I'm in Ann Arbor.. Maybe I won't have to wait to buy them...

khyricat wrote:I can't wear

khyricat said:
I can't wear VFF's so no minimalist shoes for me so far.. planning on a pair of pace gloves- where in MI did you find yours? I'm in Ann Arbor.. Maybe I won't have to wait to buy them...

Ordered mine from Running Warehouse. Free shipping in both directions. Plus, a good deal with the CP15 discount code.

guess I'm gonna wait till

guess I'm gonna wait till next month then- there is a Merrell store that has them near mom and dad.. and we'll be there the 15th to 19th.. I would rather try them on as I have funky feet and have a heck of a time finding shoes that fit..

khyricat wrote:guess I'm

khyricat said:
guess I'm gonna wait till next month then- there is a Merrell store that has them near mom and dad.. and we'll be there the 15th to 19th.. I would rather try them on as I have funky feet and have a heck of a time finding shoes that fit..

{Ahem. Free shipping. Both directions. Free.} Order two pairs!

running warehouse only has  

running warehouse only has the pace gloves, I want the pure gloves (the ones that look like a mary jane) due to a) lighter weight and b) the ability to wear them to work!

but thanks.. I didn't realize there was a Gazelle in Kzoo, will call them later and see if they have my size, I can run over there Tuesday after work before I make the long drive back to A2.. its not that far out of my way...

I called, they have the pure

I called, they have the pure gloves in stock in Kzoo, but the smallest size is a 7 womens... I normally wear a 6.5... we'll see.. I need to figure out if this is store specific or they don't make them smaller.

I discovered REI had the

I discovered REI had the lavender in stock, and tried them on.. The one color I had no interest in owning.. but the fit was good, so I turned to the web and ordered them, and they arrived tonight.. I wore them in the house for a bit.. so far so good. Tomorrow I will wear them to work, and see how that goes.. and from there I'll decide what to do about running in them, but I KNOW I'll be running outside this coming week (I work through Fri, but then I only work one day next week- so lots of running time), and can't wait to do it... either in the pure gloves or barefoot depending on weather and temps..

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts