From germany to the world

Hello to all

I'm Alex 35 from south germany.
Currently I'm in training for my 1st marathon in september in Berlin. Yesterday i did ,y2nd halfmarathon in my life as preperation for the marathon. 7 years ago i run my 1st ine, A year later i wanted to run my 2st marathon. In the traning phase i bento over my ankle. altogether 4 times left and 2 times right side in my life - 2012 was the last one since then everything fine) No chance to run the marathon I tottaly repressed and forgotten it the last years. With 2 friende i discovered last year that we all wantedt to run since 10 years a marathon. We fetched out goals out of the cellar and where back on track. Motivated. And directely registerd us for the marathon this year in Berlin ✅

Since December, the running fever has packed me again. I loved running and enjoyed it in schools time. Als i was one of the fastest, with nearly no training.
During the training now and also to my first halfmarathon I realized, that the first 2-4 weeks i had a lot of muscle aching and problems. After that time it is getter better an better. Only some aching in knee and when the run was to hard. Already dealingmy whole life with nutrtion and diet. nutrition, heal my and stray healthy with my body And my mind too.Apart from the ligaments, I had no major problems, except often to strong muscle soreness, sometimes slight pulling in the knees, tension,....

The last few weeks I have been intensively engaged in barefoot running. At home i always walk barefoot. Outside i do barefoot walking time by time. For years. The idea to run barefoot came up now. why not earlier, i do not know.
For my current marathon it is definitely too short to run barefoot.
However, at the same time, i want to walk and run more and more barefoot . Fore running. After Marathon then go all in to master running barefoot. Just want to re-learn right moving. Get rid of akk wrong moves, the footwear that destorys good strong feet muscles and the natural walk.It is so much potential in walking and runningbarefoot.

Love to envole in the barefoot path all together

Welcome, Alexander! :barefoot:

Welcome Alexander! I also have been a "barefoot person" all my life; at home, walking the dogs, etc. I discovered I could also RUN barefoot when I was 45 years old (49 now). I am not a long-distance runner, and my greatest distance barefoot has been 7 miles, although typically I run in the 3 mile range (5K).

This forum has some valuable members with plenty of experience. Good luck with your transition to barefoot running.

Herzlich willkommen!

Reactions: trevize1138
Welcome!

It's indeed very possible to run a full marathon unshod. I accomplished that myself back in October. For me the single biggest thing I did to be able to run long miles without shoes was this:

* Accept that the skin on my feet will never be tough

Your feet and legs evolved together for a perfect balance. The skin on your feet are only as tough as they need to be for your legs. When you put shoes on you're blinded to the horizontal friction that goes on between your feet and the ground and you can easily over-extend your legs and feet because of that. It's that excess horizontal braking force that's linked to injury:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/lif...ticle-how-running-gait-increases-injury-risk/

Therefore it almost doesn't matter if you're in a thick-soled pair of Hokas or 4mm Xero DIY huaraches: it's the tread itself that's the biggest factor leading to injury.

When you run barefoot you're made very aware of this damaging, inefficient friction. If you don't respect that you'll end up with blisters and bruises. Instead you must run in a way that's kind and gentle on those bare feet. At first I resisted doing that because it sounded like slow running. I was wrong. It's efficient running and that's the same thing as fast running!

That's my tip: run like your feet are made of wet paper that easily tears and you'll run far.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7