First Water Puddle Run of the Year

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Well, warm water puddle run that is. It was 70 and had rained earlier. I was finally able to get out doors this afternoon, and again, I really enjoyed splashing like a little kid through all those water puddles! The smiles on my face told everyone around me how I was feeling. People who don't run barefoot have no idea what they are missing out on.

What is your favorite "type" of run?

Reactions: Sid
 I got a good rain run today

I got a good rain run today during my lunch hour at work today, rain runs might be my favorite of all!

I can't wait for a good

I can't wait for a good puddle run! Sounds like a little slice of heaven TJ :)

I asbolutely loved my water

I asbolutely loved my water puddle and rain runs last year, Zum. Summer is going to be great!

Wow, TJ...I'm right up there

Wow, TJ...I'm right up there with you. Did my first puddle run today and man was it so much fun! Will be a great summer indeed! I thought of you while out there splashing around in the puddles. That's what good stuff is made of, right there :party:

Nice Zumba !!We had more

Nice Zumba !!

We had more rain again today I did another lunch run at work in the rain...2 this week!

sweet Mokie!  a run and a

sweet Mokie! a run and a shower in one ;) Seriously though, how does this affect a lunch run?

Just makes it better Zumba!

Just makes it better Zumba! I have to get my run in at lunch some days... rain or shine for me, a light rain is the best though. I think a lot runners would bag the run in the rain, today I did see 2 other runners in the rain, one guy was pushing a double stroller even.

Very true, many runners would

Very true, many runners would opt out. Nice work getting out there rain or shine!

here's a question that keeps

here's a question that keeps going thru my mind. When my feet get wet, will the skin get soft and be more prone to blistering or peeling off? I'm thinking specifically of long runs on pavement, where the skin on my feet might get wet, making it softer and more likely to be ground away by the pavement.

Any thoughts or experience?

I have heard some say this is

I have heard some say this is true, that the skin is weaker when wet. I haven't experienced extra blisters due to running in the rain or wet conditions though. That's just me; we're all different. Maybe it has more to do with losing form when challenged with a change in our normal routine/conditions.

I think KenBob treats running

I think KenBob treats running in water as one mroe challenge. If you can run in the rain without blisters, you REALLY have your form down!
raining.gif

Okay, Wendy.  I have a

Okay, Wendy. I have a challenge for you. You're so good with the smilies. Try finding a barefoot smilie. Three... two... one... GO!

I like Super Smilie Man!I

I like Super Smilie Man!

I like the pink ones with little faces too. CUTE! Do you have Publisher? Publisher will make a transparency.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon