First (normal) barefoot 5K

Congrats on your first

Congrats on your first (normal) 5K. We had someone here run that race last year. Or another Run Like Hell. I can't remember who.

Outstanding (on the street!) 

Outstanding (on the street!) Sounds like it was an excellent experience.

Vis a vis your "nerdy" self description, I think we're all heros in our own minds, and certainly in the minds of our little girls. (I have 2 as well.) It feels great to let that inner hero out for an airing as you run, and especialy so as we run BF.

JosephTree wrote:Outstanding

JosephTree said:
Outstanding (on the street!) Sounds like it was an excellent experience.

Vis a vis your "nerdy" self description, I think we're all heros in our own minds, and certainly in the minds of our little girls. (I have 2 as well.) It feels great to let that inner hero out for an airing as you run, and especialy so as we run BF.

I can dig it; nice perspective. My older daughter was bragging to the neighbor about me this morning at the bus stop, saying "My dad ran the Run like Hell yesterday...(dramatic pause)..BAREFOOT!" Neighbor replied so, that IS you I 've been seeing running around without shoes. Turns out she's been thinking of trying bfr herself.

If not a hero, at least an ambassador, right?

what the hell? why didn't you

what the hell? why didn't you meet up with us? me and paraganek ran the 10k, jen walked the 5k with her husband. she gave up on being bf though, not enough training lately. we stood by the beer garden and had quite a few. people kept giving me beers and i don't like to be rude.

oh well, next time i guess. we'll do a meet up soon. a lot of new people here. i'll read your post later as well. i need a little run to work the legs out.

cya soon,

Mike

ps. that was PG who ran the race last year, bf. we'll post pics soon. my friend brought a good camera.

Why the hell is everyone

Why the hell is everyone throwing around the hell word lately?! Geez! ;-)

Sorry Mike; I saw some of the

Sorry Mike; I saw some of the meet up stuff, but all the talk was of meeting before the 10K start, well before I could have asked the wife and kiddos to head out with me. Plus I'm not a costume guy, so I just kinda showed up, did my thing, and split. It was fun though!

I'll keep an eye out for the group run announcement (as long as there's a short route option for us newbs, lol)

Lomad wrote:My older daughter

Lomad said:
My older daughter was bragging to the neighbor about me this morning at the bus stop, saying "My dad ran the Run like Hell yesterday...(dramatic pause)..BAREFOOT!" Neighbor replied so, that IS you I 've been seeing running around without shoes. Turns out she's been thinking of trying bfr herself.

Nice ! :smile:

I have got a six year old and I am not pushing him at all but I can see he is wanting to try running a kids race barefoot too. It's just hard to convince my wife because she thinks it is too cold outside for him to run barefoot these days.

It was only 35 degrees this

It was only 35 degrees this morning Paraganek. Not too cold for him at all.
wink.png
I don't know what your wife could be thinking? Just kidding, I could see my wife saying the same thing if my son ever wants to run barefoot as he gets older. My teenage daughter I don't think will ever run barefoot, as I can't get her to go on a run with me even if she's shod. I got her to run once this summer with me and she made it almost a mile then quit and decided she was walking rest of way. I was glad I was just able to get her running at all. These days it seems phones and friends are so important to her and trying to get her to do anything can be a chore. lol

Funny, guys, my 9 year old is

Funny, guys, my 9 year old is getting interested in running now that my wife and I have both gotten back into it. My wife hasn't fully embraced my barefoot ways, but we aren't terribly at odds over it. She's gotten much more relaxed about the kids going out and about shoeless (two year old LOVES this), though and I think the big kiddo my give bfr a shot, as long as it's a warmer, drier day (her words, not mine
teeth_smile.gif
)

Oooh oooh.... next time you

Oooh oooh.... next time you have a race in Portland or that area and you all get together....let me know. I would come down that way to join you all if it works in my schedule and assuming you'd let me joint you. :) I have family in the Portland area so it would work out in multiple ways :)

Congrats on the race today!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7