Extra points

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I think that miles run in snow should get extra points.

Yesterday's run was in foot deep crusted over snow, packed down by a single pass of a truck. When I tried to finish up on a section of the trail packed only by deer and a few walkers I nearly broke my ankles. I felt so damn virtuous for having completed that 3.5 mile run! I think there really should be quality ratings or effort modifiers to more accurately guage the real valued of a workout.

I can relate.  I'm mostly a

I can relate. I'm mostly a BF beach runner now. I can assure a beach mile is much more effort then a street mile. The value of the workout is going to be very personalized as perspectives will vary from individual to individual. So set your personal ratings, and modifiers then roll with it.......

I can't argue...  I HATE

I can't argue... I HATE walking on snow and ice.. much less running on it.. thus if the path isn't cleared, I run indoors for now.. we'll see what happens next year- I'd like to be out more, but need minimalist shoes to even consider it... and can't afford those for at least a few more weeks...

Hear hear!!! But don't you

Hear hear!!! But don't you love all those aches and pains of building weird muscles?

Dirt Road + snow cover = sore ass. Or....glutes, rather. Lol.

heh.. I get those just being

heh.. I get those just being out enough to clear paths.. to the cars.. the road in front of the mailbox (so we get mail delivery), and from all 3 parking spots back to the single plowed path my neighbor plows... and paths between the cars as well..

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon