Epsom Salt and Sole Toughness

I think something gets thicker, but I am not sure what it is. It would make sense that the fat pad would not get fatter. But I do know that it can get thinner. I also know that mine, since I haven't run in 9 months, has "atrophied" for lack of a better word. F'ing shoes! Okay, F'ing the wrong kinds of shoes! My pads look thin and weak, whereas before they were plump and healthy. Something has definitely changed. But then I am not a good candidate to tell one way or the other. What I hope is once I have healed from all these surgeries, that I will be able to tell if my pads plump up again. That may not be for a long, long time, if ever though, since even stepping on a bread crumb in the kitchen brings me to my knees.

I'm hoping. But how much?

I was told there is no muscle there, so that's out.

Remove the toenails? Geez! :eek:

I know someone who had this. There's some prescription medication you have to take to get rid of it, and it takes a long, long time. It doesn't occur in people who live barefoot, so to keep it away, it's best to go barefoot as much as possible. I bet it will even help the healing process.

I've been on that med. It does take a long time, and next runnign season, with sweaty toes crammed into fat shoes, it would always come back.

This summer, wearign open toed shoes or none at all, what was left of the fungal evidence is fading, and health nails continue to grown in. I don't know if you need meds to get you started on ridding the body of the fungus, but being bf will help prevent recurrence.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Curious about how the toenail fungus is healing for you. I actually never got it UNTIL I started running and going barefoot regularly. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I've researched it some, did some vinegar water soaks for a while, then haven't started that again since getting back from Hawaii. It seemed like the time in the ocean water may have helped with one toenail, but not with the others. The "healing" toenail seems to want to come off sometime soon, now. Very sensitive to accidentally knocking into anything. Since the vacation, my toenails have had gel polish on them (I know some of you can relate :p ) so the horrible look hasn't bothered me as much. Plus, I wasn't sure if the soaking would penetrate well with the polish on. Such a weird problem! I didn't even know toenail fungus existed until I got it!

Wow - I forgot about this post. For some reason I stopped, but I can't rightly remember why...I think I might have been worried about the epsom salt soaks keeping my feet tender and impeding running or something...or maybe it was because I was cooking and ran out of salt and used epsom salt instead which made me hallucinate that I was "Aunt Bea" for four or five months...yeah - maybe that was it.

Overall, though, the fungus is better (what an odd phrase...)....OK, the fungus has subsided a bit - yeah, that makes more sense.

studying anatomy now but i doubt we'll cover if fat pads in your feet will thicken. i sure my soles have thickened. can't say if it's the fat or skin which i at least know most of your body fat is stored just below your skin. so maybe.

I consider my toenail fungus about the same as I do my baldness: either I don't consider either of them at all or I consider them someone else's problem. One of the advantages of acute myopia, I guess. Out of sight, out of mind. Besides, there's just one more benefit to toenail polish. As it is, I've had them both for many years and neither one seems to be in the way of shortening my lifespan.

The same can't be said for the pharmacological solution. Just give the fine print a read that comes with that stuff..."may result in night sweats, incontinence, rectal bleeding, spontaneous subdural hemotomae, mitral valve necrosis and halitosis." Jeez!

I think women are more concerned about such things as funky toenails. But then, do you know what some of them shave??? Same impulse to cosmetic perfection, I guess.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway