Does anyone think you are a freak for going barefoot?

Everyone sort of thinks of me

Everyone sort of thinks of me as a freak. Running Barefoot is just an extension of my already freak beingness. I don't really fit into any social mold

No converts yet from this

No converts yet from this camp, but my husband goes barefoot on walks with me. He will not lose his expensive Asics yet, even though they give him significant knee problems. He still thinks it's the running and not the shoes.

I don't take any comments/stares personally. I feel like I've discovered something that they haven't, like our little secret. I feel a pang of sorrow for them, that's all.

Everybody thinks I am crazy

Everybody thinks I am crazy at work running in my VFF's or barefoot. But they are all amazed at the transistion from not running at all 9 months ago to running half marathon's, 15 mile night runs and working towards my first ultra (50km) in October.

I also must say I love the looks and finger pointing I get when I am running down major routes barefoot, as there are not to many barefoot runner's up here in Winnipeg.

Bob Nicol wrote:Everybody

Bob Nicol said:
Everybody thinks I am crazy at work running in my VFF's or barefoot. But they are all amazed at the transistion from not running at all 9 months ago to running half marathon's, 15 mile night runs and working towards my first ultra (50km) in October.

I also must say I love the looks and finger pointing I get when I am running down major routes barefoot, as there are not to many barefoot runner's up here in Winnipeg.

Some of the people I mention it to at work just give me that look like, ok? Sorta like ok, you are insane I always knew it kinda look lol. Some are generally interested in hearing me explain the benefits of it, and some even got a pair of vff's just to walk in, but not run. Some are barefoot shy and look at there feet as some kind of sex object? I don't understand feet being a sex object, but whatever? Some are just sold on shoes to the point they would never go barefoot, one guy said he don't even go barefoot at home in the house. He wears his shoes all the way til he goes to bed? But, to each there own. i am definetly the black shep along with my buddy that does kung fu at work.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts