Does anyone go bf all the time?

miqie wrote: Simple...I

miqie said:
Simple...I don't wear my shoes in the house. I trust the relatively pristine environment where I run. I don't trust those other areas. Maybe I'm not the barefoot purist that some others are here. I'm in this because I'm hoping it will lead to fewer injuries for me as I transition to a healthier foot strike. It's not a lifestyle issue for me.

I am in it for the running too, and the lifestyle choice. Oh, and I love to get my feet as black as possible!

I loved all the information

I loved all the information provided in this thread. I never knew there were people that spent their lives barefoot. That is definitely for me. Living in Florida, you'd think we would see more of it. Plenty of people go around bf when they have been at the beach, but not really other than that.

Sherri

sherrhod wrote:I loved all

sherrhod said:
I loved all the information provided in this thread. I never knew there were people that spent their lives barefoot. That is definitely for me. Living in Florida, you'd think we would see more of it. Plenty of people go around bf when they have been at the beach, but not really other than that.

Sherri

My wife is a teacher, and two of our three kids are still students. Living in Michigan we treat the school vacations the same way many northerners do- we drive our van loaded to the gills with "stuff" to FL.

Three times per school year ( X-Mas/New Years , "President's Week", and Easter/Passover, the Sunshine State welcomes our bare feet with for the most part "no questions asked"

We always wonder why locals don't take advantage of the freedom, but they seem to be as terminaly shod as anywhere else. The difference we notice is that nobody stares at us in disbelief like they do elsewhere.

In Florida, the locals just assume we are crazy tourists, and the tourists marvel at how us "locals" are comfortable just going barefoot everywhere!

I have written at least a half dozen FL health departments in response to a rude employee at a restaurant or store, and all have been favorable.

Fl is an extremely barefoot friendly state. Enjoy!

Miqie, I think it is the kind

Miqie, I think it is the kind of stuff that the toys are made out of that kids throw at the wall or window and the toy kind of crawls down. They also make lint rollers out of it that can pick up quarters. Sort of feels like gel, sticky, and when it gets dirty and not sticky anymore you can wash it with plain soap and water and it gets sticky again. Fun stuff.

Awesome, went barefoot today

Awesome, went barefoot today in Walmart, Harris Teeter, Home Depot, 2 restaurants and a bar with NO HASSLES. I even had a letter from my states Governor stating that No law exists prohibiting barefoot for "health reasons"

I took my boys to Wal-Mart

I took my boys to Wal-Mart today. My youngest (3-1/2) was barefoot because he lost his flip-flops, and his other shoes were muddy. I carried him through the parking lot, so he wouldn't burn his feet on the asphalt, left him in the cart (because he's three!), proceeded to grocery shop, then went and bought him a pair of flip-flops.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7