Does anyone else have paper feet?

fetish4running

Barefooters
Jun 5, 2010
I bought a pair of paper feet http://www.paper-feet.com/ but I haven't tried running in them. I was thinking they might be great for taking along for those unbearable rough patches. But I'm wondering how they will really hold up. Anyone try them yet?

I have some and I'm a big fan

I have some and I'm a big fan already. I think they will be great for running, as long as they are adjusted so that they'll stay on your feet. I had some problems with that at first, but I think I have it figured out now. I took them around the high school track yesterday and they were very nice.

ordered mine and am

ordered mine and am anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Norm Deplume wrote:I have

Norm Deplume said:
I have some and I'm a big fan already. I think they will be great for running, as long as they are adjusted so that they'll stay on your feet. I had some problems with that at first, but I think I have it figured out now. I took them around the high school track yesterday and they were very nice.

They are so thin (like paper!) and I've been worried that I'll rip 'em up on the roads. However, they are extremely cheap!

I have them...plenty ugly

I have them...plenty ugly though, I couldn't wear them the way they are designed due to the looks of the toe part. I cut off the toe part so they look more like regular sandals in the front, for me these will only be used as something I can stuff into a pocket in case I need to go into a store or the mall maybe. I haven't tried to run in them or anything yet...I guess they could work for running but thats not in my plans for them.

Now mine look more like the pair in this picture

http://www.good.is/post/paper-feet-sustainable-sandals-that-don-t-cost-an-arm-or-a-leg/

Haha...I didn't even notice

Haha...I didn't even notice the mannequin feet.

On my long run this morning I wore the paperfeet sandals to give a true test. I made it only 3 miles in the sandals before I switched to barefoot the rest of the way.

It was warm and humid already at 8:30 a.m. and by 2.5 miles my feet were sweaty and started sliding around too much...by 3 miles and 3 attempts to adjust the straps I threw in the towel on the sandals. They did work very well till then, I fully expected them to fall off at anytime but they stayed on ok even at 8:30 min/mile pace that I was running. They do show some wear at this short mileage so I don't think you get many miles out of them maybe 20 or so.

I did also notice as soon as I switched to barefoot my foot landing had a lighter touchdown...so even these paper thin soles affect your landing a little.

Here is the wear pattern, the big toe shape is not good on these, my big toe hung off the edge a little too.

65ffc941-5a36-4377-9ada-9d1ae1adb477.Medium.jpg

I had cut the toe straps off, these look better to me now but are still not good to my fashion taste, I did wear them into a store this morning, they did not draw any attention at all.

d3f96b3d-d02d-41e8-aef8-ab4539163356.Medium.jpg

Mine just arrived, in camo

Mine just arrived, in camo colors! How fitting since I live in a military town.

So....how do you tell the left from the right?

Edit - dang, I put them on and like 2 minutes later the soles of my feet were all sweaty.

Perfect! I've been looking

Perfect! I've been looking for something to wear into the store at the end of my run. They just put up a "No Shirt, No Shoes" sign last week.

Has anyone tried wearing

Has anyone tried wearing these to work? I think I may give it a shot and see what happens. I'll bring the Vibrams as a backup.

You know, Sam, that's a great

You know, Sam, that's a great idea. We can carry them for going into the porta-poopies at the races.

At a 10k race today with TJ

At a 10k race today with TJ and Norman(nspollard) we were standing in line at the porta potties, I gave Norman my other pair of paper-feet sandals and he was wearing them. The girl behind him in line said those look good and was liking them. So some people do actually like these things, they had the toe strap cutoff also.

fetish4running wrote:I'm

fetish4running said:
I'm thinking of cutting the toe thingy off too. Your foot doesn't want to slide all the way through?

No foot sliding forward for me, the guy who sells these said in an email he put the front strap in the design because the front part of the sandal was dragging and folding under the foot on some people. I think that would be a non-issue for us since as barefooters we are used to not dragging our toes like that.

I teased Terry and Norman in

I teased Terry and Norman in front of the people who could hear, that they embarrassed me enough with their barefoot running, now I have to deal with this, paper feet?! ;-)

Do you guys carry a bunch of

Do you guys carry a bunch of pairs and then throw them away each time you use the porta potty or do you just pee/poop once per race and then throw the one pair away per day?

mokaman wrote:fetish4running

mokaman said:
fetish4running said:
I'm thinking of cutting the toe thingy off too. Your foot doesn't want to slide all the way through?

No foot sliding forward for me, the guy who sells these said in an email he put the front strap in the design because the front part of the sandal was dragging and folding under the foot on some people. I think that would be a non-issue for us since as barefooters we are used to not dragging our toes like that.

I'll definitely cut that thing off then! It's super dorky looking. Although the paper feet won't suddenly become cool w/o it!

Longboard wrote:Do you guys

Longboard said:
Do you guys carry a bunch of pairs and then throw them away each time you use the porta potty or do you just pee/poop once per race and then throw the one pair away per day?

I couldn't actually get myself to wear them at the race the other day, the porto potties were very clean so I didn't need them. I think they are backup footwear for the stores for me.

I might try to make my own using these as a template but shape them better to match my feet. Maybe try to re-use some kind of material around the house that might look better.

You actually need gloves to

You actually need gloves to handle them after you've worn them into a porta-poopie. Then you have to have gloves to handle those gloves after that, and on and on and on.

These are intriguing! My

These are intriguing! My Saturday long run usually ends at Starbucks so I can get some kid-free time. :) (The family comes and picks me up after awhile!) I'm not ready to do that run barefoot yet but when I am, I've been thinking about what I'll carry with me so that I can go inside Starbucks (which requires shoes.) Something like this would work.

Of course, it's got me thinking...what material could I make simple, foldable, put-in-my-pocket shoes out of? Hmmm.....

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon