Do you run with a "buddy" or alone?

I prefer to run alone mostly, but it's nice to run once in a while with a friend.

Usually alone, but on occasion one or both my daughters will join me for a run. They are teenagers though and this only seems happens when I go for a afternoon run on weekends. Something about nobody should have to wake up before noon on weekends. :)

I always run alone. Sometimes it would be nice to run with someone, but I know that would be almost impossible to do.

I usually run alone but a friend invited me to a hill trail run a few months back which was lots of fun. Quite different from being alone with your thoughts and mp3 player :)

I always run alone and like spooner said, I'd like to run with someone... Sometimes.

For me it's kind of my "me time" to unravel my thoughts of the day. Therapy I guess some would say.

Both. I like both for different reasons. Running with someone makes time go by faster cuz of having someone to talk to and I will often run farther when I'm with someone. But when I run alone I am better able to focus on improving my form, since I'm not as distracted -and I tend to run faster when I am alone as well -but not as far, as when I'm with someone.

I run alone unless someone else runs with me, then I run with someone else.

I like the solo runs because like Pilot mentioned I can sort of just run through my cranium and get things sorted. Kind of like a defrag of a hard drive....an old, slow, low capacity hard drive. I do like running with other folks sometimes just because it pushes me a bit.

I run alone. I don't have a lot of time for runs with work and family so I go when I can. Besides, even when I've run with people I don't talk much. It's my meditation time and I prefer to just go with the flow than chatter or listen to someone chatter.

almost always alone. I live in a rural area, and work in a small town/college town area, where if I get to run, I've got to take it whenever I can, so it would be rather impossible to have a running buddy.
I have a dream of some day having a dog to run with. Not in the cards for my life for now, but some day.

I guess I never really run alone, always pushing my lil buddy in his stroller. He doesn't really talk a whole lot yet though so mostly I get lots of time to think and try to solve the world's (my) problems. Every now and again Mike runs with me and makes me slow down (he's doing the maf thing) which is a nice change of pace. Nice to have an adult to talk to sometimes when out running.

I'm officially in a shoddy running group which meets every Tuesday evening, but haven't run with them since Fall last year due to "work". But I'll probably be able to start up with them next week again. But tbh, I prefer running alone with my dog. People talk too much. And all people in running clubs talk about is running, ugh :p

Oh, I would talk your head off, Willie, about EVERYTHING, not just running. Hee.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
I am the only adult human on most all of my runs. My 8 month old daughter has to come on most runs and doesn't seem to mind too much. My 3 year old German Shepherd nearly runs me over trying to get out the door as soon as he sees me in anything even closely resembling running attire. It must be a rather comical sight seeing a barefoot dude pushing a stroller while trying to keep the dog from chasing every squirrel and rabbit in central Iowa.

I run alone because it's hard for me to find someone that will run my pace, my distance, and on my time (I'm really quite selfish). Unlike most, it seams, I never run with music, just me and wherever my mind wanders. My mind is rather simple so I really don't need time to think, I just like to let my mind wander.

I run alone because it's hard for me to find someone that will run my pace, my distance, and on my time (I'm really quite selfish).

+1 :)

I really do enjoy running with a buddy, and for a just-for-fun run I'll run with whoever, wherever at whatever pace and love every minute of it, but if it's a serious training run, you gotta be runnin' by my rules! Also, I haven't found a better way to work off steam and stress after a long day at work than heading out the door alone for a round of intervalls!

I run with my 4 legged buddies. I have 6 dogs, but they rarely go with me all at once. It's quite a sight when they all go with me. When I first go out the door, I really have to watch my feet, they like to step on them.
I do like to sign up for a few group runs and races to get some human interaction once in a while.