Consider a new BRS slogan. 'You've got what it takes.'

starbase606

Barefooters
Dec 17, 2010
Greetings Friends,

Is it time for a new BRS slogan?

The current BRS slogan is;"Changing the running world one odd look at a time." Barefoot runners are not the freaks. I sincerely believe we are the sane ones.

"You've got what it takes." is encouraging and true!

When shod runners have no idea what to think, I always say: "You've got what it takes." It is more profoundly challenging.

What do you think of this?

-Ever onward!

Eric, in SE Michigan

I love to run.

I would say uninformed

I would say uninformed weaklings run with shoes, and advanced runners with a brain run barefoot and are more efficient with their standards of running?

I like to say, "You aren't

I like to say, "You aren't defective."

I appreciate your take on this, Eric, but Jason Robillard, co-founder of the BRS closed his very first post on "that other forum" with "Changing the running world one odd look at a time," and I liked it so much then, I remembered it, and asked him to let us have it here as our slogan. It says a ton, it's insightful, and anyone with the slightest funny bone will get that we aren't freaks. Sorry you don't like it.

I would have to agree with

I would have to agree with you TJ! I absolutely love the slogan "Changing the running world one odd look at a time." I can't wait to get my t-shirt with that slogan on it! It speaks volumes, especially while out running in a highly populated area. Many many odd looks.

"You've got what it takes."

"You've got what it takes." would look great on a tshirt.

I love the "Changing the running world one odd look at a time" but I find it too long to wear on a shirt. And I would be afraid to offend defensive shod runners who could misunderstand it and think that I want to change them against their will. I'm amazed by the number of people afraid of the word "change".

I like the slogan, but who

I like the slogan, but who says we have to stop at one??!!

" "Feet"...OEM running equipment since 4000AD."

"Put the FUN in your run; Go BARE FEET on the street!"

" 'Streaking from the knee down.' Legal in all 50 states."

Like the Definition shirts: "Arch-Support: Oxymoron. Originated in the '70s. See also Plantar Fasciitis, Overpronation and Runner's-Knee." (This one needs work, but you see the direction...)

-Jonny

A friend of mine came up with

A friend of mine came up with this the other day

Here comes 'The Ten Toed Commandos'

Barefoot TJ wrote:I like to

Barefoot TJ said:
I like to say, "You aren't defective."

I appreciate your take on this, Eric, but Jason Robillard, co-founder of the BRS closed his very first post on "that other forum" with "Changing the running world one odd look at a time," and I liked it so much then, I remembered it, and asked him to let us have it here as our slogan. It says a ton, it's insightful, and anyone with the slightest funny bone will get that we aren't freaks. Sorry you don't like it.

Sorry T.J. I was just being sarcastic. I like everything. I am easy to please haha! I was trying unsuccessfully to be funny lol.

Barefoot TJ =Jonny00GT

Barefoot TJ =Jonny00GT said:
If you all want to see more, then check out the list started by SayPay here at the BRS we put together: http://barefootrunners.org/story/funny-lines-back-my-tee-shirt These will crack you up!

I like the slogan, but who says we have to stop at one??!!

" "Feet"...OEM running equipment since 4000AD."

"Put the FUN in your run; Go BARE FEET on the street!"

" 'Streaking from the knee down.' Legal in all 50 states."

Like the Definition shirts: "Arch-Support: Oxymoron. Originated in the '70s. See also Plantar Fasciitis, Overpronation and Runner's-Knee." (This one needs work, but you see the direction...)

-Jonny

Thanks for the link TJ! I love a lot of those, and what better way to start off my morning than with a laugh! :) BTW... very nice job putting those together. That must have took a long time. Not sure when that was put together, but each year, we should pull new ones and add them.

"Put the FUN in your run; Go BARE FEET on the street!", and " 'Streaking from the knee down.' Legal in all 50 states." Love them Johnny!

Sir Brown, Good idea!  I have

Sir Brown, Good idea! I have bumped the legendary thread. Please feel free to add yours to it too!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts