Concurrent Strength & Endurance Training 2017: Cycle III

Discussion in 'Training Information/Training Regimens' started by Bare Lee, Apr 21, 2017 at 8:05 AM.

1. Bare Lee

Bare Lee
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Minnesota
    2. Presidents

Assessment of Cycle II

At the beginning of Cycle II, I listed my priorities as:

Consistency > microloading > early morning > assistance > sled work > bike commuting > mobility > weight loss.

I achieved the first two, consistency and microloading.

Goals for Cycle III

I will continue to strive for consistency and progressive overload via microloading. I will also try to re-integrate the presses after spraining my wrist about a month ago. Next I think I will prioritize sled work. Not sure if I will worry much about when my workouts occur during the day, although first-thing remains the ideal. I will also start bike-commuting more once my wrist feels solid. Not sure if I will worry about assistance. I guess I will sense when the time is right for that without having to program it.

If all goes well, I should have my lifts up around where they were at the end of 2015.

The basic push/pull split will remain the same:

Push: Squat, Overhead Press, Bench Press
    Pull: Deadlift, Pendlay Row, Chinups

I will try to get in at least two iterations of the split each week, optimally three.

I will also continue with the 3 x 3 x 90% of 1RM protocol, using a base unit (BU) and the iron ratio to calculate the loads. The Iron Ratio is:

Overhead Press: 2 x BU = 1RM
    Row: 2.75 x BU = 1RM
    Bench Press & Chinup: 3 x BU = 1RM
    Squat: 4 x BU = 1RM
    Deadlift: 4.8 x BU = 1RM

The Base Unit will continue to increase by a half-pound for each iteration of the split, until the rate of increase becomes too hard or too easy.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Bare Lee, Apr 21, 2017 at 8:05 AM
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 12:32 PM
  2. Abide

Abide
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Nederland -...

We already here?

I'll come back in a bit.