Chronic Muscle Soreness, anyone have this?

Try this, Zum.  I used a

Try this, Zum. I used a sleep med with natural ingredients called MidNite. You can get it over the counter at your local pharmacy. It causes no sleep hangover effect, morning grogginess. You fall asleep and wake up refreshed. You can take it any time of night. Use it to get to sleep OR get back to sleep. It's drug-free and non-habit forming (although anything in life can become habit forming).

I'll give it a shot TJ,

I'll give it a shot TJ, thanks!

Hello everyone,Late to the

Hello everyone,

Late to the discussion again I'm afraid.

Zumba, I wanted to give you a shout out for your speedy recovery!

Also wanted to say that I have been battling Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism) for three years now and am pretty sure that I'm about to knock it out. I have been under block and replace treatment for those three years and feel like I'm on the road to being the poster boy for it. Interesting thing is that I feel like these last three months have marked the turning point in my recovery.

Anyone want to guess how long I've been running barefoot?

According to my doc there is a well known German physician who is claiming to heal all sorts of things by having his patients, you guessed it, go barefoot.

Magical barefooting, haha.

Magical barefooting, haha. Zum, I am also late to the discussion, and my suggestion might not help much, but whenever I get stuck in a rut of soreness (not as long as yours, but still) I take an ice bath. I'm not really sure how much ice-baths actually do, but I always feel better after taking one, so even if its a placebo its a placebo I'm sticking with. They don't make me feel better right away, but I would always feel lighter after taking one (I haven't had the trouble with feeling heavy since I started barefooting, but I imagine it would still help.)

I don't really know much about medical conditions and proper mineral levels, but it does sound like sleep may be part of the issue. 9:30-6:00 is pretty good though, you could maybe see some benefit from like an extra half hour or something, but its probably one of those things other people were talking about, where your body doesn't completely relax or something.

Hopefully, you are on the

Hopefully, you are on the mend, Josh.

Good for you Josh, sounds

Good for you Josh, sounds like you are feeling well. What is block and replace treatment? Do you experience muscle soreness/aches?

My achy muscles seem to be about the same maybe a bit better, luckily not worse.. My sleep has been better and overall feeling pretty good. I think that my body is used to increased fitness levels, at the time of this post I was just starting to teach more classes etc.

Sorry Zum, I am glad to hear

Sorry Zum, I am glad to hear that you're doing a little better.

I am going to advice against Danjo suggestion(Sorry Danjo) but your magnesium levels can also be on the low margin and that also causes muscle fatigue.

Have you tried hat baths with Epsom salts? that's is my cure for my own muscle fatigue. Hope it helps.

Jimmy Hart wrote: low iron is

Jimmy Hart said:
low iron is a common problem with hashimoto's and a lack of iron causes weak, sore, and tired muscles.

I am not sure if this is the case with barefoot running. But I read that running can lower your iron levels because you kill red blood cells every time you take a step while running... It reccomended eating red meat 1-2 per week to replace the iron.

Thanks TJ!Joseph I

Thanks TJ!

Joseph I understand that expression but not too sure how it relates to a thyroid disorder?

Zumba, block and replace is a way of medicinally stopping the thyroid from functioning then replacing what it supplies to the body. Hyperthyroidism (Graves) is where the thyroid goes on the fritz and starts pumping out too many of the chemicals that regulate various functions like metabolism, heartrate, etc). The idea is that you give it rest and an opportunity to "reboot" like a computer. Of course a HUGE part of the cure is a total life rehaul (getting necessary amount of sleep, taking time to slow down, change in diet, etc). Ultimately I think it will make me healthier and more balanced than I have known for a long time.

What I was trying to say in my earlier post is that my recovery has not started until very recently, approximately the time I have been running barefoot. That to me suggests the tantalizing idea that we are onto something bigger than we even realize with our barefoot running.

There was an article shared

There was an article shared by Victor some time ago, about how there were studies (albeit weak) that showed walking around/living barefoot helped to combat disease and illnesses. The article talked about how a religious school allows their children to attend without shoes, and the kids never get sick. So yes, I think there is so much more benefit to "being" barefoot than what comes from just running barefoot.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I think

Barefoot TJ said:
I think there is so much more benefit to "being" barefoot than what comes from just running barefoot.

I don't know about all y'all but I'm doing backflips about that! Pretty exciting stuff. Thanks TJ, that's a great anecdote.

Josh, that's an interesting

Josh, that's an interesting coorelation...I'm curious to see how the rest of this year pans out for you. Hopefully this will be a cruise control point along your bumpy road, medically speaking. :p

TJ, I remember reading that, cool stuff!

Mike, I get red meat in about 1-2 times a week. I still haven't had my iron tested, no insurance. I'll try to increase my iron intake and see if that helps any.

Thanks for your help/insight everyone!

Zum, I am late to this but I

Zum, I am late to this but I will offer that I spent six months last year with chronic muscle soreness that would not go away with rest - in my abdominal muscles. I just gave up on it and kept going and eventually tore my ab muscle away from the pubic bone where it attaches. I don't know what kind of muscle soreness you are dealing with, but that taught me a BIG lesson.