Born to Run: hæ?

Non-conformists get things

Non-conformists get things done:)

Good for you, Ted, for putting the right barefoot outside of the conformist runners bubble. And thank you.

Skateboarding World Records -

Skateboarding World Records - 24 Hour Distance
Barefoot Ted
What about the longest distance covered on a skateboard in a 24 hour period? Sound rough? It is! In 2008, Ted McDonald, also known as "Barefoot Ted", skated his way to fame by covering a record 242 miles in a 24 hour period during Ultraskate IV in Seattle, Washington.

I cannot even comprehend skating that far in a week, let alone in one day. The previous record was held by James Peters for 208 miles.

I have said it before that distance longboarding is like BFR in many, many ways.

When I started in the other

When I started in the other group a year ago I was distance longboarding BF more than I was cycling, and recommended it to BFRunners as a day off activity. Now that I run three days a week I have'nt been skating much at all.

Gotta start skating regularly again before my bearings seize up on me.

Board!  You no boarding!  No

Board! You no boarding! No way!

Need more recovery time! Rode

Need more recovery time! Rode the tandem today 37 miles of hills with my wife, rode the mountain bike hard yesterday after a BF speed run [2 miles fast (for me)] in preparation for tomorrow's 5K race

My son just asked me if I would join him in an evening skate through the 'hood, but I'm trying to rest for tomorrow morning. Best part is that since it's 10-10-10 tomorrow, the race starts at 10:00, it should warm up to an incredibly higher than normal 50 degrees by then, after dipping into the mid 40's for the night.

Plan on the Detroit Free Press Flagstar bank International marathon 5K event next weekend, and I guess that might wrap up my morning runs for the season here in MI.

I'll ramp up the boarding after that, and not worry about peaking for races.

TJ, I'm stopping on I-75 before Atlanta for the last call rest stop, and then again just before the Macon by-pass the week before Christmas. All the boards will be on-board, hope to see you there for a quick session.

So what it'll be 4:00 a.m.!

I'd love to meet you in

I'd love to meet you in person. Maybe you and the hubby can go for a flight. He wants to take us flying this Monday to see the north Georgia mountains, since fall is in full swing up there and quite beautiful. There's a quaint restaurant at the airport we could dine at (fly-in dine-in). I don't know, I'm still not a good flyer.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon