BF vs VFF in HM?

Humboldt-explorer

Humboldt-explorer said:
Barefoot Gentile said:
Humboldt-explorer said:
Listen the whole running pure BF is way over rated.

I wonder what Ken Bob, or Barefoot Rick would have to say to this statement.....

Well if your so concerned why don't you ask them ?

Frankly I don't find a damn thing attractive about running BF on asphalt. Which is why I choose BF on beach, and huraches on gravel trails. I don't waste my time on the asphalt environment cause I have other more enjoyable environments to choose from.

I am not concerned, I just said that because they both are barefoot purists when it comes to running. And I totally disagree about it being over-rated. I am surprised you would say that, since you love being barefoot as much as possible.

Once you get your technique down, running barefoot on concrete is so enjoyable. I find it to be very soft, just as a beach, or trails.

It's hard to gauge where you stand on barefoot running, you seem against it, which is fine.

i love to run bf. it's a

i love to run bf. it's a shame that i still love shoes even though they tend to hurt my feet. i will however wear my biks when my soles need a break yet my body is yelling "go run!". i don't feel guilty about wearing shoes and neither should you. they are a tool and like all tools they should be used when needed. i can't remember after reading all the wonerful responses if you were recommended huaraches. i wear them as much as possible and have run in them. they change your form. i like them to help correct any imbalances in my form. a "slap, slap, slap" sound is a good indication i'm likely doing something wrong both bf and with huaraches. learning to run in them and to tie them are two art forms that take time to learn.

good luck in your choice. remember you have to live with yourself, not us so do what makes you happy.

mike

Gentile - Your surprised

Gentile - Your surprised cause you don't really understand my point about the over rated thing. Frankly what i think does not matter anyway so it is not worth the time to rehash it out in more clear terms. I support a natural running gait whatever the environment is a individual chooses to use as running grounds.

My favourite surface is

My favourite surface is smooth dirt. I am fortunate to have a large urban prairie park nearby with miles of dirt.
3032657071_4e46a67a1c.jpg

Beautiful, PB.  I can feel

Beautiful, PB. I can feel the wind blowing on my back.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon