BF 2-A-Days...Anyone do them?

BrunoRuns

Barefooters
Jun 5, 2010
I'm thinking about working in a 2-a-day once or twice a week, very slowly to help build some weekly millage and keep my body working. I find that I want to run 6 days a week, but with a hectic summer schedule, I am missing 1 day yet having 1-2 days where I am free to run twice, hence making up for the missed day sort of.

I did some research online, but I was wondering if anyone has been doing BF 2-a-days. My long runs are up in the 12-14 each week and weekly millage is about 25-28 right now.

Thanks in advance

I've only run unshod this

I've only run unshod this month and generally run to and from work (12 -13 mile round trip). There have been a couple of days when my feet felt a little warm, after I've finished, but basically it's been fine. I've done some easy runs but most of my commuting has been between 7.15 and 7.45 pace.

Give it a go - you'll most likely be just fine!

I ran two a days for a week

I ran two a days for a week straight last year to set my all time highest weekly mileage, 300.4km. I ran 21-22km (~13-14mi) in the morning with a jogging stroller and a two year old and then ran 22-23km (~13.5-14.5mi) in the evening by myself. I finished off the week with a 6 hour long run Sat night (~62km/38.5mi) and a 1km recovery run early Sun morning.

I've done doubles and even a

I've done doubles and even a couple of triples. Its definitely doable as long as each run isn't a PR. I find I am perfectly fine if I keep all of my BF runs at around 5 or 6 miles and am usually good to go after a few hours rest.

If I push my bf mileage into double digits, I'll usually need to rest the feet overnight or perhaps even take a day off afterwards.

I highly recommend trying it for yourself and wish you the best of luck.

Thanks everyone!  Spooner you

Thanks everyone! Spooner you are amazing.

Did 7 this morning on trails and going to head out for 3-4 before dinner time. Once a week sounds like a good place to start for a while. My feet great today and are ready for more. Here we go..

When I was in the states I

When I was in the states I would for PT in the morning (VFFs, anywhere upto 7 miles) and then after dinner I would take my dog for a run barefoot for upto 2.5 miles. I had to wear VFFs in the morning because the Army has this thing about running barefoot. Mind you this was well into my rejection of traditional running shoes