Before and After gallery

I was just thinking that it might be interesting to have some before and after photos of our running style to see if our form looks more graceful.

The before shots would be when we ran in traditional shoes to see whether we heel strike and the after would show our modified barefoot landing.

I'll kick off the gallery with this one from 1987, a classic heel strike! I hope you all feel my pain.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-p01x4rDMNtw/TXxT1I9UyWI/AAAAAAAAAHA/EQrXuT644mQ/s1600/Tour_of_Tameside018S.jpg

Regards

Neil

Makes me wince! 

Makes me wince! ;-)

Hi TJ,That is why through

Hi TJ,

That is why through most of my running career I suffered from shin splints. There were time that I could not touch the front of my shins, even lightly without pain.

I remember whenI got some orthotics fitted back in 1999, the podiatrist commented that I have very sore and sensitive shins. Shame he didn't have the correct advice on how to fix it.

Cheers

Neil

It is a shame.  Hopefully,

It is a shame. Hopefully, through all our efforts, after the non-sense arguing about who is right and who is wrong settles, the medical community (and the shoe manufacturers) will start to connect the dots and be able to start helping people transition away from those types of shoes that are causing injuries, such as shin splints. I'm glad you found barefoot running.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon