barefoot vs minimal

rik

Barefooters
Apr 11, 2011
Utah
Nomenclature and Semantics.
Michael Tru said it best when he said it dose not matter what you run in from army boots to barefoot running, its about a larger connection with spirit, body earth and running zen. or something like that. With that said much damage has occurred unintentionally by shod runners in minimal shoes running and people call it barefoot running. The thought occurred to me on an over cast rainy day sitting in my drab cubicle on the 2nd floor when my coworker snidleyremarks not going running today are you ? Its raining you know. I am encouraged by his tone, little water will feel good I remark. As I battle the mind over running matter. I think, I am a runner now its been over 3 years totally barefoot. Why is it so hard to run for me on some days. As drops fall I run in a clay single track clay trail near my work. The clay soil builds up on my feet as it often dose and feels good between my toes. I have the barefoot epiphany, as I talk to my self looking down my wife was correct my feet are turning to froto feet. Huge with mud stuck all over and I have the perfect minimal shoes. I realize that I am a minimal runner and the next time I am asked I will just avoid all the questions and say I am a minimal runner completely minimal and some times a little more.
Thoughts and runblings,

Reactions: PB Junkie and NickW
You need to be careful about this thinking business, I think.

In general, I'm pretty laid back about the whole BF / Min thing. I just run, and my feet really like the feel of the ground unless the ground is unfriendly. In that case I fall back on my Bikilas, with no worries. I know the feet will get out for a free run sooner or later.

I wish I had your clay track. I love when they dry out and get powdery. Fwup, fwup, fwup, fwup down the trail.

Reactions: dharmadan and rik
We need advocates.

Reactions: dharmadan and rik
I used to run in Vibrams. Trained for a half in them, but last year noticed that my legs were sore and really hurting after running. I tried... gasp....a pair of reeboks...hated them and ran home in my socks. It was the best run ever. Noticed that my legs and feet didn't hurt like they did before running minimalist. Thus started my journey to barefoot running forever. Since being completely bare I have shaved four to five minutes off my time. I feel great running and afterwards.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7