Barefoot Sprinting

@Sid Regardless of our ability to sprint. We still need to be able to sprint; your forgetting the most dangerous animal of them all, the Human animal.

Definitely agree that there was still the need to sprint! However, compared to many other animals, when at top speed, we're only capable of fairly short bursts. I'm guessing that once people invented bows and spears, that the usefulness of sprinting was limited.

Before modern firearms, I recall that in certain scenarios some infantries used line formations where they hardly moved at all? However, that's certainly changed!

I suppose that depends on where one lives. However, one is more likely to get killed by a non-psychotic person or a drunk driver than a psychotic human being.

I meant while running... :)

i don't understand why anyone would even want to run on a track let alone bf.

Reactions: scedastic
Definitely agree that there was still the need to sprint! However, compared to many other animals, when at top speed, we're only capable of fairly short bursts. I'm guessing that once people invented bows and spears, that the usefulness of sprinting was limited.

Before modern firearms, I recall that in certain scenarios some infantries used line formations where they hardly moved at all? However, that's certainly changed!

Humans don't need to sprint very far to escape danger, most of the time, because of the ability to climb. If you can get to a tree faster than your friend can, you'll be safe from a grizzly bear.

Reactions: Sid
Humans don't need to sprint very far to escape danger, most of the time, because of the ability to climb. If you can get to a tree faster than your friend can, you'll be safe from a grizzly bear.
Just an observation as well....flight is not the only response to fear...there is also another one that depending on the danger can be quite effective....
Of course, I dont think it would be greatly effective in a 1on1 with a grizzly or mountain lion....but you get the picture

Reactions: Sid
i don't understand why anyone would even want to run on a track let alone bf.
Huh?

I don't understand why anyone would even want to run on a trail let alone with shoes. :)

track is horrible. i only do it for my maf test. if i was making big money then ok. trails are the way we should be running. actually more cross country. going wherever we have to. sadly in today's world there's not as much need to blaze trails.

run. that's the only thing that matters. unless it's a dreadmill. that's worse than masturbating.

jason, i'm too drunk to explain anymore. track is horribly boring and even worse bf.

Just an observation as well....flight is not the only response to fear...there is also another one that depending on the danger can be quite effective....
Of course, I dont think it would be greatly effective in a 1on1 with a grizzly or mountain lion....but you get the picture
Yes, you can poop your pants - oh you mean fight the grizzly.

There again, the hands that allow you to climb, also allow you to carry a spear to kill the grizzly bear.

track is horrible. i only do it for my maf test. if i was making big money then ok. trails are the way we should be running. actually more cross country. going wherever we have to. sadly in today's world there's not as much need to blaze trails.
Just fyi Mike, you are most definitely NOT BLAZING any trails of your own out there either. Those trails you run are WELL GROOMED. If you want to blaze your own trail, head out into the woods were there is no trail and just run. I used to do this as a kid growing up in MT, I was always in shoes back then (kinda like now I suppose), but I had a blast doing it(not sure if the shoes aided in the fun or if it would have been fun bf too). Sometimes it really sucked when I found thick patches where you can't get through without getting scrapes and scratches from thorns or branches. Eventually I learned about following game trails, but then, I too wasn't blazing my own trail anymore (the deer and other critters did that for me), but it sure was easier and faster to get somewhere.

what a mess....hahaha

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7