Barefoot Sprinting

You might consider a reflective vest. A drunk teenager might miss the ankle.
I also wear a white reflective shirt, but I go at 5AM on weekdays, so no drunk teens. I have my route planned out, so that I'll usually only encounter 2-3 cars head-on during my 6 mile run. The nice thing about being barefoot is the all-terrain feature. I don't might jumping on the sidewalk/grass/in puddles for a few feet to let a car pass.

I'm not sure what to do when it get's really cold. I bought a really nice run jacket on summer clearance. However, it's jet black, though it does have reflective stripes. The pants are black too, but have stripes, and I do have those reflective ankle bands. Actually, I see the same cars every day, so maybe they'll get used to me?

I'm not sure what to do when it get's really cold. I bought a really nice run jacket on summer clearance. However, it's jet black, though it does have reflective stripes. The pants are black too, but have stripes, and I do have those reflective ankle bands. Actually, I see the same cars every day, so maybe they'll get used to me?
Yah, in the winter the street is often more viable than the sidewalks--less salt, and no unshoveled sections. You might consider a reflective belt or head band, or an oversized vest if they sell them. You want car drivers to see something at their eye-level.

You might consider a reflective vest. A drunk teenager might miss the ankle.
maybe something like this...
Me%2BTree%2B02.jpg

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10...w=122&start=0&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:91

Is it possible to sprint barefoot, no minimal shoes what so ever; on any surfaces man-made or natural? There lots of evidence that humans are able to run on a lot of surfaces at a controlled pace. However, I never heard a person sprinting down their street to get away from a dog. When I mean sprint, I'm mean turning into Usain Bolt in the 100m. It wouldn't make sense if we couldn't sprint for our lives if a saber-tooth was on our tail. Any answers and or opinions are welcomed , that who you be.
you mig not outrun rottweiler...but you'll run faster than you ever did when one chases you!!:D

Reactions: Robin and Sid
Reactions: jldeleon
yet hippos still kill more people than any other animal, combined i believe.

Reactions: jldeleon
Yah, you know, I can't figure out why they paint cars and bikes dark colors, especially road bikes.
It's not too bad, since it's a residential neighborhood with streetlights. Running around the neighborhood, I've reported about 25-30 broken lights, since I started running in the morning. There are other people walking and with their dogs in the morning. I'm not sure why they didn't have the lights fixed, unless they're up to something devious. We pay property taxes for the lights, so...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7