"Barefoot Running Step by Step" by Ken Bob is an Excellent Book

I have finished reading Barefoot Ken Bob's book Barefoot Running Step by Step and have already made positive adjustments to my running. I am a bit biased in my review of the book since I found the The Running Barefoot website helpful and the suggestions Ken Bob gave me in an e-mail invaluable. A strength of the book is that it is written with a warm, humorous tone by an expert who really wants to help folks enjoy the benefits of barefoot running in a safer and more injury-free way. Here are some features that I found most beneficial.

1. The book is a great one to suggest to people who are new to barefoot running. Ken Bob's advice on how to start is invaluable. This should help us help others with the TMTS challenge. It also has much to offer more expert runners.

2. The research behind the benefits of barefoot running is woven into the book in a useful way.

3. The insights about how to run barefoot are superb. The key pieces of advice fit together well and form a well integrated model of theory and practice. Suggested training programs for different types of runner are clear.

4. Ken Bob's story and the stories of other barefoot runners in different age groups are inspiring.

5. The visual treatment of the book is excellent with use of full color pictures throughout. Many pictures showing "what to do" and "what not to do" in the context of different aspects of running.

6. The book is so rich in insights that I keep dipping back in for clarification about how to make small adjustments. I suspect that I will continue this process for years.

All in all a great book that I am learning from, inspired by and one that I am keen to suggest to others who are interested in learning more about barefoot running.

Thanks to Barefoot Ken Bob.

(This is my personal opinion and does not represent the views of The Barefoot Runners Society)

Thank you Marcus,You have

Thank you Marcus,

You have confirmed that we met the goals of the book, particularly helping people run better, more joyfully, and to help more people enjoy running who might not have been interested before.

Thanks again for a wonderful, though admitedly biased, review.

P.S. this is the first review of the book I have seen, and so far, the best!

I look forward to reading the

I look forward to reading the book and sharing with other runners at our meetups, events, and at IBRD here in st. Augustine! Always an inspiration! Thanks Ken Bob.

Welcome, Master!

Welcome, Master!

Hi Ken Bob,I posted a five

Hi Ken Bob,

I posted a five star review on Amazon and just saw another one when I checked this morning. You are on a roll! Thanks again for sharing such wonderful wisdom. I look forward to talking about your book at our IBRD event on Siesta Key, FL.

Take care

Marc

Had mine on pre order via

Had mine on pre order via Amazon when it first came up. It's now on it's way across the Pacific. Yay. Really looking forward to reading this multiple times.

barefootmarc wrote:6. The

barefootmarc said:
6. The book is so rich in insights that I keep dipping back in for clarification about how to make small adjustments. I suspect that I will continue this process for years.

Yeah I am thinking his book will be like a resource that is more valuable to reference at certain times rather than reading it cover to cover.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7