Barefoot running is bad.

Nyal

Chapter Presidents
May 13, 2010
http://cavemandiaries.com/index.php?post=22

Have you ever had anyone actually confront you for running barefoot? I mean, not just yelling something out of the car window or being surprised. Have you ever been confronted for actually doing something irresponsible or anti-social? Odd when it happens at any rate.

(Most my runs are like the run I had yesterday when I got real deep in the forest and emerged at a beach after making a wrong turn and finding ten nearly naked women [only bottoms, if that] who then invited me for akvavit. Nakedness is more the rule of the day for European summer days on the beach. I just turned red and stared at my feet while they called to repeatedly while I pretended to look at my phone.)

Yea... I really dread those

Yea... I really dread those runs where bare chested lady's invite me over for some akvavit fun...just one of the hardships of barefoot running...I think you can sacrifice yourself...its the least you could do since you want to be polite in all...

Go on and represent on behalf

Go on and represent on behalf of the BRS! It's your duty! You could probably have gotten at least half of them to go for an inaugural jog with you right then, especially as they were barefoot already.

bounce, bounce.......

bounce, bounce.......
regular_smile.gif

I think I will pass on this

I think I will pass on this thread. :shy:

This thread reminds of the

This thread reminds of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail sketch where Sir Lancelot is trying to save Galahad from the many pretty women in Castle Anthrax

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Lancelot[/class]: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Galahad[/class]: I don't think I was.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Lancelot[/class]: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Galahad[/class]: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Lancelot[/class]: No, it's too perilous.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Galahad[/class]: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Lancelot[/class]: No, we've got to find the Holy Grail. Come on.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Galahad[/class]: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Lancelot[/class]: No. It's unhealthy.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Galahad[/class]: I bet you're gay.

[class="Apple-style-span"]Sir [/class][class="Apple-style-span"]Lancelot[/class]: Am not.

:p

John T.

Where's the ROFLMA off

Where's the ROFLMA off smiley?!

So I was looking to post

So I was looking to post about this elderly guy who stopped me the other day while I was running and he was walking with his wife. Nice guy, you know, exclaimed that that's how he and his friends ran around when he was a kid, that it was a healthier way to run, talked about Bikila, all while his wife looked on, bemused. (More at him than at me, I believe.) First guy to stop me while I was running, nice incident, in my mind.

HOWEVER. I must say that, as nice as he was, I would have preferred that he had been 10 naked women. (And I think he would have readily granted that it's a reasonable preference. He seemed a pretty level-headed guy.) That, um...that would have been somewhat better.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7