Barefoot Running In The Rain Resulting In Hot Spots

Humboldt-explorer wrote:If

Humboldt-explorer said:
If your not running in the rain on a regular basis your feet will probably never adjust to it. If you run in the rain on a regular basis your feet adapt to the conditions. I think BF runners of the northwest coastal region can relate to this the most. As we have a mild climate with plenty of winter rain. I'm on the far northern CA coast. We are getting lots of rain. I'm not finding hot spots nor blisters. Adaption takes time.....

I second that. In the past two months I have been mostly running in really wet conditions, no hot spots, no blisters here. Just a REALLY clean feet :lol:

paraganek

paraganek said:
Humboldt-explorer said:
If your not running in the rain on a regular basis your feet will probably never adjust to it. If you run in the rain on a regular basis your feet adapt to the conditions..
I second that.

I'll third it. I was experiencing increased sensitiivty/tenderness of my feet when it rained 3 months ago or so, but since then practically every run has been in wet conditions and my feet have adjusted. They are actually a little bit harder and slicker then they were back in summer. I imagine it could be a problem, like some others have suggested, if the rainy runs were only occasional.

Note- not sure if this makes a difference, but I do most of my running on trails so my feet may not have the same highly repetitive wear pattern as I would get on regular pavement.

i can run the trails in heavy

i can run the trails in heavy rain and have no problems whatsoever. the one time i ran around the neighborhood in the rain bf i had loose skin. no blisters thankfully. your skin is the largest organ of the body and it is permeable to many substances. water is the most, ugh i lost the word! two beers and two weeks off from school and i forget everything. water is the most universal solvent. there.

the skin absorbs water as we all know. asphault and concrete are very abrasive. if you have good enough form to not get blisters, more power to you. as for me, i'll through on my biks for the streets and hit the trails bf when i have time.

mike

I have ran in the rain

I have ran in the rain barefoot alot this past spring and summer without any major problems. I really overemphasize my foot lift, and make sure I don't slack on it in rainy conditions. That is really all I have to offer, but it works. I have gotten to the point, and I am sure you have too, when running barefoot in dry conditions that no concentration is needed anymore about form. I even push off a little when I run barefoot in dry conditions now.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon