Barefoot Neuse RIver Bridge Half Marathon Mini RR

Barefoot Larry

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Ocean, NC
Finished the Neuse River Bridge Half Marathon in 1:45:00, the magical BRS tech shirt helped. Temperature was 65, perfect weather conditions. I was 45th overall. I'm 47 and still getting my but kicked by people in my age group. Actually the BRS community helped me finish, because all the shared tips help.

Typical comments when I passed people were "Look, he's running barefoot...Oh he's with the Barefoot Runners Society. Someone wondered if the Barefoot Runners Society was some kind of secret club LOL, because they have never seen a barefoot runner LOL. I had a lot of people that came up to me afterwards and said that they were going to start running barefoot. It is so convenient to point to the address on the BRS tech shirt, and tell people to visit the site.

The half marathon started before the 5k and 10k. We caught up and passed the 5 k power walkers. Is it just me, but why do the 5K power walkers giggle when I pass them, but runners are cool about the barefoot running? How about at the start, out of the corner of my eye I can see runner nudging their friend and pointing at my feet.

I have come to the conclusion that running barefoot is hilarious. I guess I should wear shoes, so I can experience what it feels like when I see a barefoot runne.

LOL

Ha!  No you di'int!You are

Ha! No you di'int!

You are like a running billboard, Larry. We should give you a raise. Well, I guess we'd have to pay your first. Thanks, Larry! Please email me your race report to me if you want me to put it on the home page. [email protected]

I bet the runners would be

I bet the runners would be laughing too, except that its pretty much impossible to run while laughing. One time me and my buddies were doing "The Challenge" which is running same arm same leg, and kinda squating. (Its a bit hard to explain with words, but instead of having your right arm move with your left leg, you move your right arm and right leg together.) Anyways, it was very hilarious, and all of us almost died laughing, haha. If you think you run out of breath fast when your just laughing really hard try running at the same time.

Thanks, PB!  Please take a

Thanks, PB! Please take a picture of you wearing your new BRS shirt and share it under the BRS Top Model Thread.

Barefoot conspiracy

Barefoot conspiracy LOL......

I went to the website that does the finish line photos. My picture wasn't taken. I guess they figured I didn't run because I was barefoot. Maybe the major shoe sponsers told them not to take any photos of barefoot runners. I can't prove this because I was the only barefoot runner there.

It makes you wonder, doesn't

It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

And then a part of me says,

And then a part of me says, "Okay, let's not go getting all paranoid here." Like they have it out for us. I mean you could purchase their photos just as well as any shod runner, right? Your money's good. Besides aren't we all attention whores (AWs) and wanting to get our picture taken all the time while we are out running around barefoot? Ha! I mean they would think we were the perfect target, the perfect customer. Ha again!

HAHA, I emailed the race

HAHA, I emailed the race photo company and told them about the barefoot conspiracy, and that I have lots of friends with no shoes. My photo mysteriously has appeared on the phot web site LOL

Are you sure you didn't

Are you sure you didn't overlook it before? I hope.

TJ, I didn't overlook it.

TJ, I didn't overlook it. I had the DW and a friend look also. Its true, after I complained i was able to find it!

That's not good.  But I'm

That's not good. But I'm glad you got it on there. Did they say why they skipped you on purpose?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts