Aspire to run at least one 100 in your life

Rick I used to do a lot of backpacking. The secret for me is a light pack, which means minimal gear. Throw out the cooking for starters. Just eat dry food, trail mixes. It's monotonous but so much better than extra weight and hassle.
That means hiking a 12-pack in is out of the question. As for cooking, I agree. It's all going to taste like sand anyway.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Rick I used to do a lot of backpacking. The secret for me is a light pack, which means minimal gear. Throw out the cooking for starters. Just eat dry food, trail mixes. It's monotonous but so much better than extra weight and hassle.
:eek:But then how do you drink coffee?!?
I enjoy hot meals too much, even if its just rehydrating a mountain house (well and hot coffee... of course). But I did trim the weight off my stove with my last purchase of a simple WhiteBox alcohol stove.

I enjoy hot meals too much, even if its just rehydrating a mountain house (well and hot coffee... of course). But I did trim the weight off my stove with my last purchase of a simple WhiteBox alcohol stove.
Reminds me of one time when I was in the Andes. I was hiking with a German and an Israeli. The Israeli had just done his three-year stint in the army, and had every conceivable accessory in his pack. The pack started below his butt and went up past his head. Man, that guy was miserable the whole time. But I did appreciate the hot meal at the end of the day, that's for sure. And the coffee in the morning was fantastic.

On our honeymoon, we forgot toothpaste and our french press broke. Nearly ended the marriage right there.

You should have seen the field methods we tried for making coffee! Never again did we go out without redundant means for making coffee. (Nowadays? Starbucks Via all the way, baby.)

Back to the original topic, Just signed up for my first 100... Berlin 2013, following where the Berlin Wall went.

However prior to that i have a rendezvous with a fast marathon.

do the hood to coast then stick around for the pine to pine with zapmamak

do the hood to coast then stick around for the pine to pine with zapmamak

I met Zap at the Zion 100 (small BRS world, four of us were there). If I signed up for the pine to pine she would surely think I am stalking her.:)

It's a very lofty goal, I have a lot to figure out. I'll be helping out with the Bryce 100 (http://bryce100.wordpress.com/) next month, I'll see how that scene is.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts