Article: My interview with Zola Budd By TJ

"

As part of healthy living habits, do your kids live/run around barefoot?

I encourage my kids to go barefoot as much as possible. I am appalled by the US school system who doesn’t allow any barefoot sport. In SA all sport at primary school is done barefoot and kids go to school barefoot as well. It is scientifically accepted worldwide not to put your kids in shoes but keep them barefoot for as long as possible. It is just the US that is different!!!!"

I am truly surprise by this answer, I didn't know some countries do this.

She says that the US is different, maybe the entire continent is different because even in Mexico shoes are required to attend school or go every where else.

I must said I am alittle disappointed about her believes that running on roads is dangerours, oh well, nobody is perfect.

Great interview TJ, thank you!

Yes, the official recommendation of the Robert Koch Institut, Germany's equivalent to the American Medical Association, is that children should go barefoot as much as possible until the age of 5.

Great job TJ, I would of been one nervous interviewer if that was me, its great to see a little bit of inside the legend with Zola.

How did you get in touch with her? That's amazing! Kinda wish you'd raced and beaten her in a sprint down the home stretch, just to show that birthday shoes are best after all.

Well done, TJ. Way to promote the BRS.

-unshod ashish

TJ why would you delete my comment? I don't get it?

What comment? I didn't delete anything! Maybe it didn't save, or maybe one of the other mods removed it. What did you say?-TJ

Good, I'm glad. It's not important. After acknowledging her grace and legend I took issue with her alarmist view about running on the road and wondered if I was the only one to have been surprised by that. I see in the posts that I wasn't.

I had trouble with that part of the interview too but decided to leave her answerin the interview "as is" to show we are being honest here at the BRS and show I wasn't trying to skew the interview. I disagree with her statement too, but that's her opinion, and she's entitled to it. I did, however, tell her I had run the same course barefoot two years earlier, as I mentioned in the article. -TJ

Very good then :D. Nice work!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts