Article: Barefoot Run: Ratingen, Germany and the Joy of a Barefoot Child - Parts I & II - By Barefo

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
than to try to out talk an 11 year old. He had you from word one. Good for you for trying, though. My boy is 10, and I hope to get him outon the trail next spring. Wish us both luck!

I wish you all the luck in the world. And you are right - he had me from the beginning. Scary, isn't it?

I wish I had started running when I was that young. You'll probably have better luck getting him to run places with you rather than just going out for a run. If you have to go somewhere anyways, its fun to run barefoot there, but I'm not sure kids really get running just to run. Especially when they're distracted (which is of course always). Just a suggestion, ask him to run with you to the store or something. And probably don't show his friends your feet, haha.

I have to say that jumping randomly is really fun for some reason, I do it sometimes on my runs, when no-ones looking of course.

Thats really cool that people reacted that way, though I think theres something really joyful about seeing barefoot kids running and jumping. I thought so even before I started running barefoot.

Gotta agree with you, Danjo. Running and randomly jumping is fun, but I only do it when I run alone in the forest. The question is, when I jump in the forest and no one sees it, did it really happen?

And I look forward to a time when it is natural to see kids AND adults out running and jumping barefoot.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7