Any recommendations on backpacks to stash VFF?

gisanders23

Barefooters
May 23, 2011
Most of what I see contains a water pack (aka Camelbak). I just want something very lightweight so I can stash my Vibrams in to get a BF run in. don't really need the water cause I'm still doing short distances

headed to New York next month and planning to run BF in central park, but gottta have shoes/vibrams on for the commute to the park via the subway and such. but don't know what to do with the VFF without a pack of some sort, hate to carry them in hand but might have to

Hey, Gis!  Central Park's a

Hey, Gis! Central Park's a great run. If you are really lucky, you might contact DNEChris and see if he'll be around. He took me for a run around the park last winter and was great company.

As to your Vibrams, they're so light that I have carried mine in hand for many miles, with no discomfort at all. If you find a good little pack, wonderful, but hand carrying's no great problem. If I worried about it enough, I could see just wearing a web belt, closing the velcro straps over it and cinching it to a comfortable tightness. No sweat.

I bought a Camelbak for just

I bought a Camelbak for just the opposite reason as you - I am a barefoot nube and I start out running barefoot and after 4 miles I take my VFFs out of the pack and wear them for the rest of the run. I chose a Camelbak Lobo - it's designed for cycling but it works perfect for the vibrams - I don't even notice it's on. Added bonus: when you increase your milage to running an hour or more, you'll have a 100 ounce hydration pack that fits very well for running.

Seconded. You won't find many

Seconded. You won't find many "packs" as small and slimline as your average Camelback type pack. leave the bladder out and your VFF's should fit fine.

And many will even let you stash the vff's and water and a powergar if you start getting longer distances

thanks for all the feedback.

thanks for all the feedback. I already have a camelbak that i use for biking but i hadn't even thought about pulling the bladder out. that'll work perfect i bet

If you want company drop me a

If you want company drop me a line! There are also a number of Barefoot/inimalist runs each week - find out more at http://www.meetup.com/BarefootNYC/

Hope to meet you soon!

what kind are they? my

what kind are they? my bikilas i can strap to my wrist easily. i haven't tried with the kso's. as my feet are more muscular than when i bought them i rarely wear them now. just to the gym and i take them off as soon as i'm outside.

Mike

Mike - how do you strap your

Mike - how do you strap your bikilas to your wrists? I carry mine when I run in a new place just in case the surface is too tough for my feet, but your method sounds easier. Thanks.

Just get an expanding belt,

Just get an expanding belt, looks like a belt but has a pocket that gets larger and larger as you add stuff to it, and loop your VFFs on that. That way you don't have to mess with them and can even forget about them. Spibelt is a good brand for this. http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=28838&Click=310393&gclid=CIH0__HXxaoCFQQI2godqnAnzA

28838-2.jpg

just lay your arm on it and

just lay your arm on it and pull the strap over your wrist. the sole will be facing out and the heel will be squished. try taking a close look at my pic to give you an idea.

Mike

Mike,Thanks for the

Mike,

Thanks for the response, but I asked a really stupid question. I have Bikila LS which have laces and not a strap. Eric

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7