Another problem with winter running

@ PR - If it's warm enough,

@ PR - If it's warm enough, typically above freezing and dry, I'll happily run barefoot (mostly I run on roads). If it is windy and/or cold/wet I'll wear minimalist shoes (I prefer to enjoy, not endure, my running). This weekend was delightful (and so terribly wrong) as I got to run for 2 days barefoot in New York City in the middle of January. I would have preferred the opportunity to be on minimalist skis in Central Park!

I had a small piece of glass attach itself to my sole 20 yards from the end of Saturday's run - but that is only the sixth such event in over 3000 miles of barefoot running. My shots are up to date and the doctor is down the block!

If I run shod for a few days I do notice that my form benefits from a little correction when I get back to barefoot.

I prefer to run completely

I prefer to run completely barefoot nearly every run. Days like today when it's 35 deg F out I will run in my huaraches just to keep my feet of the cold pavement. I wear footwear as tools for running, typically if I have a cut or blister on my foot or if the weather gets cold. I guess I have yet to find a good min shoe that fits right for me so I prefer to wear huaraches when I wear footwear. I do notice I have to really pay attention to my form when I run in footwear as I will tend to run farther up on my toes to compensate for not being able to tell how hard my heel touches down after the ball of my foot lands.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon