Animal Encounters

My wife back in May was attacked by a wild turkey. He had ner running in a circle to get away from him, And a passerby had to scare the turkey away with his bike. Shes not a fan of seeing Turkeys on her run too much anymore. :)
Hahaha! Growing up where I did in MT we had a lot of wild turkeys that were onry as all get out. I understand her not liking them anymore.

My wife back in May was attacked by a wild turkey. He had ner running in a circle to get away from him, And a passerby had to scare the turkey away with his bike. Shes not a fan of seeing Turkeys on her run too much anymore. :)
I can relate to that, took my daughter fishing and she got close and personal with a tom that would not give any ground. To this date she loves eating turkey any time she can, but for some reason she will not go back to that fishing hole. :D

Reactions: Bare Lee
i don't remember if it was a real snake or a stick but i know your reaction would be the same. jen too, only worse.

Had a full white 8pt deer this morning let me get within 10 yards then he ran ahead 50 then stopped again till I got within 10 then stood off to the side and let me run by. almost like he was confused because he couldn't hear me because I was of course running barefoot. It was about 5:20am still a little dark he looked like a ghost but I got a good look it was awesome.

Two days of nothing.
Zip.
Nada.

No coyotes
No bats
No bobcats
No rats.

No spiders
No snakes
No skunks
and No jakes.

((For those of you not of the "country makeup", a jake is an immature male turkey. It will grow up to be a "tom" or "gobbler". And, yes, they are delicious as well!))

Reactions: Bare Lee
i don't remember if it was a real snake or a stick but i know your reaction would be the same. jen too, only worse.

Yeah. It's difficult to do anything when your heart stops beating. Mike was all like "Come on." Except I was about to faint from lack of circulation and I couldn't breathe because my throat had basically closed up from the anxiety attack I was having.

Fox. Falcons. Salamanders. Squirrels. Chipmunks. Hawks. Owls.

Early this year, Leni the doag and I came close to being trampled by a herd of wild boar, maybe 10 or 12 of them, that were thundering down the side of the valey we were running through. Totally blew my mind. My first thought when I saw them was "BUFFALO!", they were so big, and black, and loud, and fast ... good thing my little pocket rocket of a spaniel mix was on the leash because she was eager to go after them.

These days though, the thing I see most of is freaking horseflies. They're turning into a plague over here :p

How do you get rid of the smell on the dogs after they have been sprayed? Just curious as I am seeing more of them around the neighbor these days and it is only a matter of time before one wanders into the yard and has a meeting with my dog. He is a little protective of his space, he will not chase anything while we are on a run.

How do you get rid of the smell on the dogs after they have been sprayed? Just curious as I am seeing more of them around the neighbor these days and it is only a matter of time before one wanders into the yard and has a meeting with my dog. He is a little protective of his space, he will not chase anything while we are on a run.

You peel their skin off. Or, wait for a month, while bathing them in tomato juice and vinegar and baking soda three times a day. And lets not forget, shave off all their hair. :D

Reactions: dutchie53
Like Jen said, you could do tomato baths, but that's messy and only works slightly. They sell products in the pet section. I think skunk off is one that works ok.
I just let the smell fade. On a farm, the dogs are just going to find something else to roll in. Dead animal or the neighbors cow pies.

I had a nice run in the mountains yesterday. It's a shame to go to the mountain and run on the highway, but I needed to build my pavement mileage. I saw deer, chipmunks, and marmots. Marmots:
images

Not Mormans:
images

(It was Sunday, they must have all been in church)

I also saw a dead porcupine in the middle of the road. Felt sorry for the guy, so I pulled him off to the side very carefully.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon