An easy-going 5k

KTR

Barefooters
Feb 10, 2016
Madrid, Spain
plus.google.com
Hi!
Today it was the Madrid Half Marathon. Along with the 21k there's also a parallel 5k race I run today. You can see some pictures here. I leave a link instead loading them to the forums because it's easier and does not waste resources on the Xenforo servers :p

Also, you can see here my stats for this race.
No my best race, but I averaged 5:55 km/min. Considering I had been like 3 weeks with no run, I'm pretty happy with this.
I forgot to stop my Garmin at the finish line, so I edited the stats with the time corresponding to 5 km.

Today I finally met someone else who was running barefoot! A woman that had been a synchronized swimmer and that got into barefoot running 3 months ago —just when I did, too! Without asking her, in a few minutes she had told me about how much she liked it, all the new sensations it provided and how good it feels. Also I checked with her about something I had noticed since I started running barefoot: going uphill somehow becomes easier and more enjoyable when you are barefoot. She agreed with mi on this point. What do you think? Maybe we could have a thread about this.

Finally, regarding my fainting episode of two weeks ago, everything went fine today. However BP is still high. I won't have any more runs until the doctor sorts this out.

Ok, I admit running today was a bit of a temerity, but I really needed it for my sanity's sake.

Cheers!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts