Am I growing up?

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Nah.

But I did decide to go back to school to become a Massage Therapist, starting next October. If it were not for going barefoot I would have never been able to run at all. If it had not been for barefoot running I never would have started trail running. If it was not for trail running, my back/hip/whatever pain would never have become manageable enough for me to do what I really want to do, which is Massage Therapy. :)

Nah.

But I did decide to go back to school to become a Massage Therapist, starting next October. If it were not for going barefoot I would have never been able to run at all. If it had not been for barefoot running I never would have started trail running. If it was not for trail running, my back/hip/whatever pain would never have become manageable enough for me to do what I really want to do, which is Massage Therapy. :)

Now will this massage therapy involve anything similar to what you and Mike have so graciously shared with us here? :eek:
I think your code word was "trigger points" :p

Funny how the road bends and curves, and sometimes breaks. Right, Jen?

Reactions: jldeleon
Why wait? Start now, so you can practice on us at hood to coast.:)

I am actually pretty good now. However, Mike has a better bedside manner. Even though I've done it longer than him, everyone let's him work on them -and very few let me!!! Can't imagine why that might be... So remember, him and Nick will be making out in the back seat of the Hood to Coast van, so we will all have "easy" access to him. BWAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

Now will this massage therapy involve anything similar to what you and Mike have so graciously shared with us here? :eek:
I think your code word was "trigger points" :p

Actually, interestingly, I am still going to have to modify the body positions that are traditionally used to massage people. So my poor victims are going to have to be willing to allow me to straddle them, and other weird stuff -despite massage therapist ethics, or whatever.

my poor victims are going to have to be willing to allow me to straddle them, and other weird stuff -despite massage therapist ethics, or whatever.

:D my favorite quote of the week!

Am I growing up?

HAH! No...in fact I'm shrinking.

Good for you Jen. Everybody needs a good kneading now and then.

Reactions: happysongbird
So my poor victims are going to have to be willing to allow me to straddle them, and other weird stuff -despite massage therapist ethics, or whatever.

i don't think you need to go to school to work in a "massage" parlor like that.

no, Nick and i will not be making out. nor will i with anyone else on the team.

Reactions: NickW
Actually, interestingly, I am still going to have to modify the body positions that are traditionally used to massage people. So my poor victims are going to have to be willing to allow me to straddle them, and other weird stuff -despite massage therapist ethics, or whatever.

You should set up shop next to a divorce lawyer's office. He could pay you a commission for each post-massage referral.

Good on ya, Jen!

You know, there's no law that says massage tables have to be so high. You could set yours to about 6" up and straddle away! Better yet, invent a hydraulic lift table, and retire on the profits!

...and yes, I'd stand in line to get worked on by you, for sure!

Reactions: jldeleon
Well, I will have to log a certain amount of hours, so why don't you run across America barefoot and I will give you a foot massage! BWAHHAHAHAAA!!! Oh, and they do have electric/hydraulic lift tables. The straddling is another story and I'm sure I would have to consult a lawyer and have them write a "special" waiver for me, to keep from getting sued for sexual harassment. LOL!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon