Airborn!

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I went out for a nice half hour run this PM on my new favorite trail. It runs along a brook and has mostly packed silt underfoot. After recent rains it still wasn't dry and I took one curve a bit too fast. My toes couldn't begin to hold and both feet zipped out from beneath me. I flew horizontally for a couple feet before splashing and skidding. No damage but I left a spectacular print of my butt, back and elbows. I hope it brought a smile to someone's face.

...also on this run I followed a turkey for about a hundred feet as it trotted along 30 or 40 feet ahead of me on the trail. I thought that was pretty cool. You won't see one of those in the park, DNEChris!

Maybe not - but there used to

Maybe not - but there used to be one near the Heliport at 34th Street. Disappeared a couple of years ago just before Thanksgiving
confused_smile.gif

sounds like mud got us both..

sounds like mud got us both.. I didn't write the slip and fall part of mine, but I did that on the boardwalk part of the trail... due to mud covered feet... thats why I put on shoes and headed for home instead of continuing the run.

Sorry for the misspelling.  I

Sorry for the misspelling. I thought the one with the "e" was the cold remedy,but it must be the 101st or 82nd kind, I see. I do like the idea of wings though.

I think it would serve better just to run the slippery parts with a little more caution.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7